Some Days are Diamonds

The next morning, I woke up alone in Josh's bed. I did not remember how I got there as the last thing I remember was us driving home from the bar. As I sat up in bed and stretched my arms, I noticed a note left on the bedside table. 

'Good morning firefly, I had to head to the studio but you looked so peaceful while you slept I did not want to wake you. I will be back before dinner and I can not wait to get home to hear your voice! Also the kettle is unpacked and I got some loose leaf earl grey for you. Sam said he left some almond milk here so you can make a London fog.'

I put the note back on the nightstand and got up from the bed. My jeans had been removed and replaced with a pair of Josh's cotton shorts while I still remained in the same t-shirt I had worn the previous day. Josh had a pair of moccasins near the end of the bed and I slipped them on before making my way to the kitchen to fix a cup of tea. 

With the warm cup in my hand I strolled into the living room where I put on whatever album I pulled from the shelf. A huge smiled spread across my face as I realized I had grabbed ' An Evening with John Denver' one of my favorites because I loved to hear John talk between some of the songs and his little laugh was the cutest.  As I sunk into the couch, Frank made a squeal from the corner of the living room as he yawned. He was sleeping in a brand new dog bed that I assumed Josh had purchased. 

I decided I should check my phone to see if I had any notifications I needed to attend to. My purse was conveniently sitting on the couch and I dug through it looking for my phone. In my search my hand grabbed the key I had received the night before. I pulled it out of my bag and fiddled with it in my hand. Josh was so cute when he gave it to me last night as he was so nervous and his hands shook. Sitting in the living room with the key in my hand, deep down I wanted to stay here forever and know that Josh would come home to me every night. It just was not that easy. I put my head back and closed my eyes taking in the music which was now playing 'Today' and Frankie had now joined me on the couch. 

A ringing from my phone ripped me from meditative state and I went back to my purse to find my phone that I had previously been looking for. Of course Angie was calling me. "Hello babes" I said as I picked up.

"Good morning lovely, how was your night last night?" The way she asked this made it clear she expected some saucy details. 

"Slept great" I simply said into the phone knowing it was not what she was wanting to hear. 

"Oh my god come on you two haven't seen each other for a week and you guys are always handsy around others so you are meaning to tell me you guys simply went to bed last night." Angie tried to make her tone sound serious but she failed to do so. 

"We went out with the guys last night and sang karaoke for HOURS. I must have fallen asleep on the ride home because I woke up in his bed. That is all I can recall" I said defending myself against Angies fake seriousness. 

"I'll accept it because the idea of Josh carrying you to bed is kinda cute." Even though I could not see her, I knew she rolled her eyes. 

"I mean it has been over a month" I laughed thinking about the last time Josh and I had sex. 

"A MONTH" Angie said loudly through the phone, "girl how?"

I laughed at her response as I reposition myself on the couch. "Well I hadn't seen him since LA and then I put him on time out after the whole situation" I explained. 

"Well I think now is a good time to take him out of the corner" Angie said dramatically. 

"He gets home tonight before dinner, I will plan something, is that ok with you" I asked laughing that my roommate was so wrapped up in my sex life.