Inseam Please

I had texted Kenzi the night before after all that happened that I planned to head to the studio a little early so I would be walking by myself. Sitting in an empty zoom in a quiet studio was what I needed. I needed to collect myself and almost meditate before seeing Josh again.

I heard a group of voices pass by the door which caused me to freeze. I knew it was the boys because I could hear Jake going on about a new pair of boots he had bought. As quickly as I heard the voices, they disappeared down the hall. I hadn't even noticed I was holding my breath until I sighed. 

I had started to make some spreadsheets for us to fill out when Kenzi walked in. "Hello hello hello" she said in chipper mood. She took a seat next to me and took notice of what I was working on before opening her laptop. "How was your night last night?"

This question made my head spin. Did she know? Surely not this was just an innocent question I had to play off. "Interesting but I mainly focused on helping my friend with her scripts" I lied knowing much of might night was in fact not doing that. 

"That sounds fun." The room went silent for a little as the sound of our typing echoed against the walls. "So... what is happening between you and Josh" Kenzi asked as she threw a glance my direction. 

"What? Nothing. Why? What did he tell you?" I had not remained calm, these questions came flooding out of my mouth and smacked Kenzi in the face. 

"Woah calm down. He did not say anything. At dinner last night, Daniel just brought up the hug you guys shared yesterday and we agreed you guys were cute together." 

I could feel my face flush. So many thoughts zoomed through my head. "Really, well even if we are as you say 'cute' it would be unprofessional." 

"Oh lighten up a little" Kenzi said as she nudged my shoulder with hers. "Besides the boys, believe it or not, are very professional. Well except for when is come to being places on time. I mean I was worried working with them for this but Danny and I just set clear boundaries."

So this was the first time she had technically worked for the boys? I think she could tell I was lost in thought because she cut back in. "I can finish putting information into these if you would be a dear and go fill out the band's measurement sheet. You know how it is, when you don't do the sheet you need it." 

I pulled up the measurement sheet on my laptop and glanced over the blank information. I filled out as much as I could on each sheet like name and height. "Ok I will be back" I said as I got up and grabbed the tape measure from my bag before heading down the hall to studio B. 

As I walked in the guys waved at me, well all of them except Josh. He would not even look at me which I was kind of grateful for. I waved the tape in my hand back and forth to signal why I was there. Soon the boys were standing in my space fighting over who got to go first. 

"Tallest first please" I said. Danny and Sam both took a step before looking at each other. A quick game of Rock, Paper, Scissors determined Danny the victor. 

I went through my list measuring things like head, chest, arm, etc as I marked the numbers down on my sheet. The boys had been through this before as they all stood nice and still letting me do my job. Danny, Sam and Jake all stood to one side of the room as Josh slowly walked forward. Danny had leaned over to tell Sam something before leaving the room. 

Being so close to Josh was awkward but I also felt the sense of comfort that I had felt last night. "Can you take your vest off please" I instructed as I recorded a few numbers.

"Whoa I usually don't do this until after dinner" Josh joked as he did as I said. 

"Don't flatter yourself frontman I just need an accurate chest measurement" I said wrapping my arms around his body. I could feel his breath on my neck and it sent shivers down my spine. Quickly I moved onto the next measurements trying to brush off the feeling but that was going to prove difficult as I was now on my knees measuring his pant seams. "Can I have you hold this here" I asked holding my hand next to his crotch for the inseam.

"I mean you are doing great" Josh said with laugh. "You are the pro, I wouldn't wan to mess up the measurement."

I rolled my eyes and glanced over to see his brothers had joined in conversation with the board operator. "Have it your way" I said as I dig the tape into his groin. I knew it hurt, I wanted it to. "Great thanks" I said as I typed in the last number and grabbed my laptop. 

As I exited the studio I saw Danny leaning in the doorway of the room Kenzi and I worked in. Their conversation had wrapped up by the time I had gotten to the door and Danny patted me on the shoulder as he returned to where I had just left. 

Kenzi had a weird look on her face now, something was for sure up. Before I could fully sit down Kenzi looked up at me and went "Spill it. What is up with you and Josh." 

"Nothing, I have no idea what you are talking about." I hoped my tone sounded convincing.

"I know that is a lie. The both of you are acting so weird, even Daniel said so."

"He did?" I practically cut her off.

"Yeah he came in here to ask me if I knew why Josh was all mopey today"

"He is?" Josh was upset? Me stopping him made him upset? The Josh I just interacted with could have fooled me. 

I looked up to meet Kenzi's gaze. She was the only female contact I had here and we had become such good friends, I felt like I could open up to her about this. Maybe she would be able to help me make sense of last night. I sigh loudly before recalling all of the events of the previous night. 

"Well that was more than I expected" Kenzi said collecting her thoughts. "I mean if you like him go for it just remember to set boundaries." 

I shook my head like I understood but I was still confused with how I felt. Everything just happened so quickly. 

"Hey why don't we focus on getting these spreadsheets done or else the big man is gonna have our heads" Kenzi joked grabbing my hand. "Besides tomorrow is going to be so much fun going round finding fabrics and things for the video." 

"Ok that is the best part." I cracked a tiny smile.

"And girl we are going to have girls night tonight. Clear your schedule because it now consists of face masks and watching movies."   

I don't think I am ever going to get Angie feedback on her script.