Helter Skelter

"so what is the big plans for today" Josh asked me at he lifted me onto my kitchen counter, not removing his arms from my waist. 

"Well you see I have work this morning that wouldn't have normally been a problem if someone arrived at their normally scheduled time." I poked Josh in the chest as I said this. "luckily I am only there fore a few hours today." 

I could feel Josh smiling as his face was against my neck. "So I am going to make the best breakfast before I drop you off then" he said pulling away. 

"Ok master chef, I expect it to blow my socks off." I pulled Josh close to me "just another thing that blows my socks off about you." 

Josh smiled again but this time letting a chuckle escape his mouth. "I make a mean pancake" he said moving away to rummage through the fridge. I hopped down from the counter and made my way to turn on music to fill the background noise. My finger traced along the shelf of vinyls looking for one to play. I settle on a 'Best of Elvis' record playing it loud enough to be heard from the living room that was attached to the kitchen. 

As I made my way back to Josh I was greeted by the sound of the fire alarm. "I take it that it is going well in here" I said going over to see Josh burning butter in a pan as I turned off the burner. 

"If Im being honest, Sam does most of the cooking" Josh said embarrassed. I shook my head as I dipped a finger into the clumpy batter Josh had made. 

"It is fixable" I say with a nod adding a dash of water to the batter and mixing it harder. "Take the pan off the heat and grab a new one but don't heat the butter until the better is fully ready this time."

Josh does as I instruct as I move the better next to the pan. "You know I might not be the best chef but at least I can made a mean cocktail" Josh said with a waggle from his index finger. 

"Hopefully this breakfast will taste decent enough we won't have to resort to the vodka at 8am." I said laughing and heating the pan to a medium heat. 

Josh moved to be right behind me as I plopped batter down. I felt his hand wrap around my thighs and rest there. We stayed in this position as I flipped the pancakes and added the fluffy breakfast food to a plate. As I turned to moved the hot flapjacks to the island, Josh looked down and scoffed "Oops."

I looked down and saw handprints that had been left on my pants with flour. "Now how could those have gotten there" I asked jokingly annoyed. I took my pointer finger and collected some batter left at the bottom of my bowl before swiping it down Josh's face. Starting at his forehead, my finger traveled down before getting to his lips where he opened his mouth to clean of the rest of the batter from my finger. "Now we are even." 

We ate our mediocre breakfast and Frank even got a few bites of plain pancake. Josh took care of the dishes while I went upstairs to to get ready for work. The classic flared jeans were what I chose to wear but I paired them with a cropped tank top and a fashion kimono with a star pattern across it. My hair went in to a half-up pony as I had not showered so it was too messy to fuss over for too long. 

"What is happening here" Josh calls to me as I make my way down the loud ass stairs that were older than my grandparents. I found Josh in the living room looking at the wall that Angie and I plastered photos too. 

"At least four years of questionable choices" I say joining him looking at the photos with a laugh.

"Is that you" Josh asked dumbfounded pointing to a picture of me with dreads.

"Like I said questionable choices. And they were synthetic that I braided into my hair  as a desperate attempt to save my hair from about ten years of bleach, dye, and perms" I explain pointing to other photos where my hair was very different.