Sunshine on my Shoulders

As the sun rose the next morning I woke up freezing. The brisk morning air made my skin feel like ice. The warmth of Josh's body against mine was trying to be kept in by the blanket. "Josh" I said shaking him awake. He smiled but kept his eyes closed. "Josh I am freezing." 

He slowly blinked as his eyes adjusted to the morning sun. "Wanna go inside" he asked as he tried to warm me up by rubbing my arms. I shook my head yes as I slid my pants on under the blanket. "Why don't I make us some coffee while we warm up then." 

I got up from the sun bed and made my way to the door as I turned around. "Dirty bean water sounds great but babe you might want to put your shorts back on" I said pointing to Josh who sat bare bottomed on the chair we were just sharing. I laughed as he looked down before I turned back to the door and made my way inside. 

As I grabbed two cups from the cupboard and placed them on the counter, Josh entered the room now fully clothed. He pulled out the ground coffee from the cupboard next to me and went over to the coffee maker. When he opened up the bag, the smell of coffee filled the room. I filled the pot of water for Josh as he scooped the grounds out of the container. As the coffee brewed Josh came over and wrapped me in hug. I felt his hands go to my hips as he lifted me up and placed me to sit on the counter. 

"Thank you" I said to Josh as we gazed into each other's eyes. 

"It is just coffee" Josh said with a small laugh. 

"No, thank you for all of this" I said using my hands to motion around the room. "Thank you for bringing me here and introducing me to your family and showing me your life." I leaned in and placed my head in the crook of Josh's neck. 

"I am glad you came. You know my family loves you already, mom is already asking when we are going to visit after we leave tomorrow." Josh placed a kiss on my forehead before he pulled away from me to pour us each a cup of coffee. 

I sipped on the black coffee while Josh rummaged through the fridge looking for creamer. My head turned to face the stairs as I heard someone walking down. 

"Good morning" Sam said as he walked into the kitchen, "did you guys sleep outside all night?"

Josh had now closed the fridge and was pouring an alarming amount of creamer into his coffee. "Yes we did but someone here woke up cold so we just came in" he said motioning to me with his milky coffee in hand.

"Im sorry, I was shaking" I say putting my hands up in defense. 

"Well we need you at your best today because it is the big day, the video comes out" Sam yelled shaking my knees. I laughed as I took another sip of my coffee. 

"The big day baby" Josh screamed raising his hands into the air. 

"Starting the morning off loud I see" Kenzi said entering the room. 

I jumped off the counter and ran to hug her "I missed you!"She hugged me back as Danny walked in behind her. 

"This house is always loud" Danny laughed leaning against the counter. 

"Can your twin telepathy tell you where the third one is at" Kenzi asked Josh as she pulled out of our hug. 

Josh acted like he was thinking very hard for a second then said "hallway, almost to the stairs." 

As Jake slowly walked down the stairs still in a sleepy state, Sam cheered. I clapped my hands together in Josh's direction as Kenzi said "impressive Kiszka."

"What" Jake looked around confused, "I came down because all the noise."

Josh started to walk over to me. "Nothing I am just magic" he said as he pulled me into his body. He leaned in close to my ear. "Aren't I, magic" he whispered.