Don't Trust Me

Karen and Kelly stood on the porch and waved to all of us as we all squeezed ourselves into the van that would be taking us to the airport. Jake had taken Frank with him to the front seat next to the driver while Sam forced his way next to Kenzi and Danny. This left Josh and I in the back with a few of the bags that had not fit in the very back. I rested my head on Josh's shoulder as the car bumped down the road. 

It was now setting in that not only was my time up in Michigan but so was my time with Josh. We had jobs to do and I was expected back in Georgia. I did not get how Kenzi and the other girls did it being away from the boys. 

"What are you thinking" Josh asked, tracing my hand with his fingers.

"That I am going to miss you" I replied looking up at him. 

"Hey don't think about that, we have a whole flight together before you leave me. Plus we will talk on the phone all the time and you probably won't even remember me once you go back to all the fancy movie sets and big theaters." Josh spoke quietly and deep. 

"Oh yes my little corner I sit in by myself drawing silly pictures of big clothing will totally cause me to forget about you" I joked looking back down at our intertwined hands. 

"I mean we have two weeks before we have another break so in a short 14 days I will be knocking at your door to visit you in Georgia." Josh stopped tracing my hand and squeezed it instead. 

I did not respond out loud but I squeezed his hand back. We stayed like this for the rest of the trip to the airport. 

Once we had all unloaded from the car and made our way through security we looked for our gates. 

I went up to Kenzi and gave her a big hug, "Ok I am going to need updates on all the work you are doing out there in fancy LA."

Kenzi gave me a big smile "I am serious about you coming out to visit me, who knows maybe we will both get a huge job together and you will have to move in with me."

I laughed as I felt Danny come to stand right next to me. This was my cue to step out of the way so the two of them could say their goodbyes. They stood there in a hug with their foreheads together for a long time before Kenzi pulled back. "I have to go but I love you" she whispered to him. Danny kissed her as he shook his head yes. 

"We love you Kenz" I said loudly walking back over to the other boys as she waved and headed in the opposite direction of us. Danny turned around with tears in his eyes. As he came back over to us, I took his hand and squeezed it hard earning a smile from him. 

Our gate was the very end on the terminal and we got there just as it started boarding. We had all been given the same row and I sat between Jake and Josh while Danny and Sam sat across the aisle from us. 

The ride was easy and Jake and Josh spent the majority of the flight talking about music and I laid my head back on Josh's shoulder. Their conversation sometimes turned into a little sibling type debate which caused Josh's shoulder to move up and down in big motions, making me chuckle to myself. 

Once we got off the plane, Josh pulled me into a tight hug. "I am going to miss you so much but I am going to call and text you like crazy" he said muffled into my shoulder. 

"This past month has been the craziest month of my life and I would not trade it for the world because of you" I said through tears. 

Josh let go of his hug and held my face in his hands "14 days I will start counting them down now" he said before planting his lips on mine. 

I kissed him back before pulling away and saying "eyes." Josh did not care though as he kissed me on the forehead. "I love you, I will let you know when I land."