Let the Fun Begin

I woke up early the next day to see the beautiful sunrise through the windows. The pink clouds floated across the sky as I rolled out from under the warm comforter and made my way to make myself a cup of tea. I bring my favorite cup and Earl Grey tea bags with me no matter where I travel. After heating up my cup of water in the microwave and dropping in two tea bags I circled up on the couch soaking in the warmth radiating from the mug. 

"Today is the day" I whisper to myself. I knew that I would find myself in this same position later today after work. Once proper introductions are made with the band the gloves are off and I am free to stalk all I want, it is my job after all to know their style. A buzz from my phone ripped me from my thoughts.

Someone has been searching for you for 30 minutes  Angie texted me with a video of Frank prancing from room to room. 

Take him for a walk rn  I type back knowing he is wondering why he has not gone on his morning walk.  God I missed him already. The time at the top of my screen shows that it is 8:03 am, what was I going to do for a few hours? If I stay here all day I will go crazy.

Morning walk? That actually sounded nice and I knew I would be able to cover more ground without a dog stopping to pee on every flower. I shimmied into a pair of black bike shorts and decided to not change the t-shirt I slept in but throwing a sports bra on underneath. Converse though not the ideal choice were the only tennis shoe I had so I threw them on. 

Once I had made my way to the street, I shuffled my glam rock playlist to get pumped for my run. I knew my way around this town well enough but I was prepared to get lost. That was one of my favorite things to do, just explore, you never know what you are going to stumble upon. 

After about an hour I had turned my grey t-shirt a new darker shade with my sweat. I had gone pretty far but I was happy to be back at the building. 9:15, I had plenty of time to shower and get ready. 

I grabbed the bottom hem of my t-shirt and pulled it up to wipe the sweat from my face when I heard the elevator ding and the door slide open. I had only taken a few steps forward when someone knocked me to the ground. 

"I am so sorry" they said hurriedly as they grabbed my hand and quickly hoisted me up. I went to look at whoever I had my run-in with but a bucket hat covered their face from view. "I am hurrying, I swear. I am quite literally a moving hazard at this point, I will be there soon," they said  into the phone they were carrying as they ran out of the lobby door. Whoever that was , I hope they get to where they need to be because they were clearly late. 

I had found that the washing machine was in the hall closet so I peeled off my sweaty clothes and tossed them in. The shower heated up almost instantly and water felt so good as I cleansed myself from my workout. 

Ok now what was I going to wear for my first day. First impressions are important but I also did not know how active today would be. I also used this time to take the clothes from my suitcase and hung them into the area of the closet that had been emptied for me.  A maroon handkerchief skirt was what I settled on to start my outfit. I paired it with a Van Halen t-shirt that I tied up in the front and not shockingly my Docs were my shoe of choice. I did a brown smokey eye and linear before piling my fingers with rings. 

I paused the Motley Crue that was playing from my phone and checked the time, 11 am. I threw my things into my bag and decided to head down to the lobby. I wanted to see  just how early Kenzi would show up because my anxiety was telling me I was already late. 

At 11:30 Kenzi strolled out of the elevator staring down at her phone. When she looked up and saw me she was taken back a bit. "You are early."

"I am always early, force of habit" I say as I stand up.