Thirty-seven

——

The next morning, Azriel got out of bed early and told her to get dressed and come downstairs, that he would be waiting for her. He wanted to show her the house today, possibly move in.

Briar had asked him if she needed to pack her things. Not that she had many belongings.

He told her that Mor and Feyre would be taking care of it.

Briar later stepped into the kitchen and found Elain and Feyre. Elain baking while Feyre spoke to her.

Briar smiled at them as she grabbed something to eat. "What are you baking?"

Elain turned around, "Just some normal cookies. I didn't know what to do today, so I started working on them."

"I'm just here to eat them." Feyre said, which made Briar snort. Feyre looked at her, "Azriel told us." she said.

Briar didn't know what to say, she didn't want to upset them.

"He never told me about the house he owns. I'm very disappointed in him." Feyre crossed her arms, "But, I am very happy for you." she smiled.

Briar laughed, "Of course he didn't tell you."

Elain looked a bit upset. Briar stepped next to her and watched her make the dough in to different shapes.

"I will be visiting very often." Briar smiled at Elain. "And maybe you can help me start my own garden at my... new house."

Elain's face lightened up, "I would love to."

Azriel stepped into the room, Cassian on his heels. He grinned at Briar.

"What's he doing her?" Briar pointed a finger at the other Illyrian male.

"Don't be so rude." he said.

"He wanted to say goodbye to you." Azriel said, "He thinks he's never going to see you again. Don't be surprised if he stands next to our bed tomorrow morning."

Briar laughed while Cassian glared at Azriel.

Feyre pulled her into a hug before she had to go.

"I'll be visiting you tomorrow. I really want to see this unknown house of yours." she glared at Azriel. "And, you will be expected to attend dinner a few times a week." she pulled away and shoved her to her mate and Cassian.

She followed Cassian and Azriel out of the kitchen, and let them lead her outside.

Azriel lifted Briar in his arms. He hadn't told her they were going to fly.

Cassian smiled, "I will be standing next to your bed tomorrow." he winked.

Briar laughed at him. She saw Azriel roll his eyes before he took off.

——

They flew over Velaris. It was a sunny day and many people were outside.

Azriel flew towards the edge of Velaris, away from the heart of the city.

Briar admired the view. She loved the city, even though she hadn't seen all of it.

A sad feeling washed over her as she realized she would never experience this herself. Flying.

The first time Azriel had taken her, she had those exact same thoughts.

She sometimes still missed her wings, but she got used to it.

She found Azriel looking at her, a soft smile on his face. "You can always ask me to take you flying."

"I know. Thank you."