Chapter XLI: 2011 Arcade Date

We ended up splitting the tokens, deciding we would play side by side competitions. First up was the basketball shooter game.

"Have you ever even played basketball before?" I asked him as I raised an eyebrow at him

"Have you ever even played basketball before?" I asked him as I raised an eyebrow at him. Henrik shook his head as he inserted his tokens.

"Can't be that hard, right? Get the ball in the hoop. Nik and I played a game like this before. But we had made rings out of wicker and threw rocks into them." He said, pursing his lips. "Of course the rings were on the ground.." I laughed at him, shaking my head as I inserted my coins. The timers popped up on the board, balls shooting out at the bottom.

"Just watch me, sweetheart." I mocked him. I took a ball and threw it into the hoop before it started to move around, side to side. Up and Down.

"Oh god- it moves too?!" Henrik exclaimed as he tried to throw the ball into the hoop, glancing over to see me doing it quite easily.

"It's okay if you can't get as many tickets, Henrik. I'll get you a prize." I winked at him as the timer dings. I had a ton of tickets coming out and Henrik had maybe three or four.

"You really are competitive, aren't you?" Henrik asks as he looks at me. I nod with a smile.

"My dad always treated me like the son he always wanted. We played sports and would compete all the time. Mom was the one who treated me as a girl. Teaching me to bake and cook." I explained, ripping the tickets off and placing them in a small ticket bag that they offered while we are here. I step over to Henrik and wrap my arms around his neck. "It's okay if you lose this bet, sweetie. I'll make you feel better." I whisper softly, leaning up onto my tiptoes as I kiss him softly. His arms wrap around me tightly as he kisses back.

"You can be whatever you want with me, sweetheart." He whispered against my lips, smiling at me. His blue eyes twinkling down at my brown eyes.

"Even a frog?" I laughed as he looked at me confused. "I'm kidding, Henrik." I assured him as I pulled away from his, grabbing his hand. "Come on, I think I know a game you could figure out." I pulled him over to Crazy Frog. The large LED screen with the giant frog on it, ribbiting at us.

 The large LED screen with the giant frog on it, ribbiting at us

"Crazy Frog?" Henrik questioned, picking up a mallet.

"Yeah- It's like Whack a mole, but frogs." I explained, looking up to see him confused. "Um- the frogs pop up here, and you smack them with the mallet." I explained. I inserted some coins, grabbing the mallet on the side. The frogs all started to move around, ribbiting and diving into the holes. I started to whack them the best I could. Henrik watching me intently.

"This feels like Animal Abuse.." Henrik muttered as I smacked the frogs with the colorful mallet. I snorted at his thought process as the game ended and tickets shot out.

"You try." I told him, inserting coins into the game next to me. The machined whirled as the frogs started to move. Henrik pulled the mallet back, concentrating and smacking some here and there.

"This is fun!" He exclaimed, laughing. I smiled at him. His smile was so relaxed and happy. Showing how much fun he was having. When the game ended, he had gotten a few more tickets than I did.

"See, a game you can get." I laughed as he smirked at me.

"I know you are trying to tease me." He muttered, grabbing my hips and yanking me against him. His hands squeezing slightly at my skin, massaging it gently. "But I like being teased." He whispered, leaning down and pressing kisses down my cheek to my neck. I watched as some teenagers laughed, walking past us. One creeper staring at us intensely. "What is it?" He asked, pulling away from me. I shook my head.

"Just some teenagers lurking around." I told him, leaning up and kissing him gently. "Let's go play some skee ball. I need to kick some ass." I said, making Henrik laugh at me.

"Alright, but let me go get us some tots and drinks." I nodded as he kissed my forehead. "What would you like to drink?"

"Just a cola would be okay." I told him with a smile. He nodded and walked away. I made my way to the skeeball. Eyeing the targets and making my game plan.

"Hey baby." I cringed hearing some pimply teen trying to talk to me. I looked over to see the guy who was watching Henrik and I standing there. "So how much?" My eyes widen at his question.

"Excuse me?" I asked him. Trying to keep our distance.

"I said how much. You know. That guy is about my age, I bet I could make it more worth it than him." I let out a laugh, my eyes looking over him which made him smirk.

"I'm pretty sure anyone would be more worth it than you. You honestly look like you've been stuck in the awkward years of puberty for one too many years. Not to mention you remind me of SpongeBob SquarePants." I muttered. "Try lifting any stuffed animals lately?" I pushed a smile out as I watched his face fall.

"That's not very nice of you

"That's not very nice of you." He said in a low tone. Stepping towards me. I stepped back. I could take this kid, he was probably Jeremy Gilberts age. Maybe even younger. But men coming towards me still freaked me out quite a bit. I looked around for Henrik, not seeing him anywhere. The pimply teen towered over me as he stood against me. But before he could move in to grab me, I lifted my hand, clenching my fingers together and slammed my fist right into his cheek. "AHH!" The kid yelled, jumping back and holding his cheek. The sound of crunching echoed before he screamed. I looked down at my hand. My thumb bent oddly.

"Hey! What's going on over here?!" I looked up from my hand at Henrik, who had stormed over with a basket of tots.

"That chick is crazy! She punched me!" The teen yelled at him. Henrik ignored him, coming over to me, placing the tot basket down and gently taking my hand in his. The searing pain in my thumb masked the stinging from my ripped knuckles. Did I hit him that hard?

"You have never punched anyone before.." Henrik muttered, his eyes on my thumb. The teen was still whining behind us as Henrik turned to him, releasing my hand gently. "You might want to scurry before I give you something to actually cry about." He warned him. The teen kept his hand on his cheek, looking at us before running out. Henrik turned to me, picking up the basket and grabbing my good hand. "Come on. It'll be only a minute before that kid gets us kicked out." He said, seeing the kid already at the front desk talking to someone. I nodded, walking out with him.