Chapter XXXVII: 2011 Bad Kitty

Nik and I finished the cake.

It ended up looking delicious and we thought it'd be nice to take the cake to the Mikaelson manor to share it

It ended up looking delicious and we thought it'd be nice to take the cake to the Mikaelson manor to share it. It was more my idea than Nik's. He wanted to share a slice with me here. But I knew it would be better if we all came together.

I drove us from the bakery to the manor. Turns out we weren't that far, as it only took about 10minutes to get there. I looked over at Nik with a raised eyebrow, but he only grinned at me innocently. Before I could even get out of the truck, Finn had flashed to stand in front of me, a smile on his face as he helped me out of the truck.

"Frankie," He breathed, pulling me into a hug. I smiled as I hugged him back, enjoying the tingles and warmth he brought to me. "I have a present for you-" I looked up at him as he pulled away from me.

"A present?" I repeated, confused. Finn nodded, taking my hand and pulling me to follow him. "Slow down Finn!" I laughed as he kept leading me into the house.

"I've waited weeks to give you this!" He exclaimed, grabbing what seemed to be a spray bottle and handing it to me. I looked at it. It was a plain bottle with a spray nozzle..Like what you would use on your misbehaving cat or husband.

"Uh- Thank you, Finn..?" I said, looking up at him. He had the biggest grin on his face.

"That's not it, Frankie." He said laughing, his hand reached for mine as he pulled me to a door. "When I heard what Mother had done to you- All I could think of doing was killing her." He started, his eyes looking down at me as his face goes serious. "This bottle is water and vervain..." I looked from him to the door.

"You changed her??" I questioned, realizing we were at the basement door. He smiled.

"I got to kill her still. But this way, you can do what you want with her. Kill her. Torture her for information. Maybe she can tell you how to stop the whole coming back to life thing, if that's what you want." He explained. His face fell at the end. He had to of heard me when I was yelling at Nik about wishing it would all stop. Did I still want that?

"This is- considerate.. Thank you, Finn." I told him, leaning up and pressing my lips to his gently. He froze in his spot a bit shocked. I pulled away from him before he could respond to me, looking to the door.

"You're not going alone, are you?" Nik asked as he came inside with the cake.

"I was going to..yes.." I responded looking at him.

"I-" Finn shook his head at Nik making him stop talking. "Yell for us if you need help with anything... I'll stay by the door-" I raised my eyebrow at him. "-I'll be in the living room, letting you have your space and privacy." He said raising his hands to gesture the living room. I nodded, smiling. I turned to see Finn covering his mouth to hide his laughter. I sent him a stern look which made him stop laughing immediately.

I took a breath as I reached for the door knob.

"Don't let her tear you down, Princess." Finn said, pressing a kiss to my forehead before leaving to join Nik in the living room. Opening the door, I carried the spray bottle down to the basement. It was dark and a bit damp down here. I reached a wall, flicking a large breaker looking switch to turn the light on. It wasn't at all bright. This seemed more like a prison than a basement in my opinion.

"So they sent their little whore down to torture me?" I heard from one of the cells. I turned to see Esther coming out of the shadows. "Or are you my lunch?" Her face changed to having fangs and veins on full display. I raised an eyebrow at her and lifted the spray bottle to her. "What? Am I a cat now?" She laughed.

"Bad Kitty." I mocked as I sprayed her, getting her mouth as it burned her skin. She let out a scream and threw her body away from the cell door. She hissed at me. "Guess you are a cat." I said with a shrug and smirk.