Chapter XIV: 2009 Pt 2

I was currently home cooking up a dinner for me and dad. He was due to come home soon and I wanted to surprise him with his favorite meal. Chili dogs and cheese tater tots. Seems simple enough, but it was his favorite. That with a beer. My dad was a simple man. He was in the past lives as well.

A knock at the door pulled me from boiling the hotdogs. Throwing a hand towel over my shoulder I walked over to the door.

"Did you forget your keys ag- Damon?" I said, opening the door. His blue eyes widened when he saw me.

"You know when Stefan told me you were alive and well, I called him crazy." He laughed. "Frankie!" He exclaimed with a smirk. "Looking good and alive. What's your secret?"

"What are you doing here, Damon?"

"What? Not going to invite me in? Come on Frankie!" He grinned, leaning his hands against the doorframe.

"You can talk to me from there, Damon."

"So Stefan told you about my new ways of living then?" He breathed out a laugh and raised his eyebrows at me.

"No, I just am not inviting you into my home." I told him sternly. "So again, what do you need, Damon?"

"Was Katherine in the tomb with you?" He asked.

"No." I told him honestly. He slammed his hands to the doorframe, causing me to flinch slightly. Men had a slight advantage on me. They terrified me from the many times I've been taken advantage of. Not to mention the look in Damon's eyes.

"Where is she?"

"I have no idea Damon. Katherine bribed one of the guards to get free and i haven't seen her since."

"You're lying. If she was free, she would have found me or Stefan. She loved me." Damon said, shaking his head.

"No she didn't, Damon. She used you. I'm sorry to tell you this, but Katherine is all about surviving and you were just a pawn for that." That was the wrong thing to say since Damon slammed his hands against the barrier.

"Thats not TRUE!" He shouted, pacing slightly. "She compelled Stefan for the whole time. I was willing! I love her!"

"Damon-please calm down."

"Come out here, Frankie." He spoke lowly.

"No."

"I'm not going to hurt you, Frankie. Just come out here. I'll compel you to be honest and then I'll be on my way." I shook my head.

"Compel doesn't work on me. Damon you need to leave." I told him calmly.

"Frankie! Who's this? A friend of yours?" My eyes widen as my father walked up to the porch. Damon turned with a smirk on his face.

"Damon Salvatore. Old friend of Frankies." He introduced, reaching his hand out to him. My dad grabbed his hand shaking it.

"Franklin Kernly. Frankie's father. Were you just leaving?"

"Actually I just got here-"

"He was leaving, Come on dad, I made dinner." I told him with a smile. Dad nodded and went to come in but Damon reached around and grabbed his shoulder, squeezing with a grin.

"How about I join you both? I could always eat." Damon smirked towards me.

"Su-"

"No, I only made enough for my dad and I. Sorry Damon. Maybe tomorrow?" I tried.

"You did this, Frankie." Damon muttered, grabbing my father by the shoulders and biting into his shoulder aggressively.

"DAMON NO!" I screamed out, walking out of the house and trying to shove him off of him. Tears streaming out of my eyes as I try to get him to release my father, blood spilling out. My screams falling silent as Damon released him, shoving him into me.

"Have a great night, Frankie." Damon chipped as he vamped away. My breath came out shaky as my father landed in my arms. Dropping down as I try to press against the wound, trying to stop the bleeding.

"Dad? Come on, Dad, wake up." I whisper, my hands were quickly covered in blood, trying to push the hair out of my face asI let out a sob. "Daddy..Daddy.. please- Please wake up." I cried, releasing the wound on his neck and turning his face to look at me. His eyes wide open in shock and fear, but there was no light in them. The little sparkle that all dads had when they looked at their daughters, it was gone. My father was gone.

I don't know how long I sat there on the front porch. Cradling my dead father to me as I cried. I had nothing left in me to feel. My body numb and cold. My breathing was heavy and sobs still came out. Like a dry heave.

"Frankie?" I looked up slowly, Stefan standing there. "Oh god- Frankie.." I looked at him, tears somehow coming out of my eyes again. Blood was all over me, including my face and hair from when I tried to move my hair out of my way.

"He's gone- Damon- I should have let him in..Stefan-" I gasped out another sob as tears poured from my eyes. Stefan moved quick, kneeling next to me and pulling me to him. I don't know how he was ignoring the blood but he just sat there, hugging me and rocking me.

My father was the most kind hearted man, he loved Chili dogs and cheesy tater tots with beer. He was a simple man. He was always there for me...Now I had no one. I was officially on my own from here on out. And I don't think I was ready for that.