Chapter XL: 2011 Bets were made

"Where are you taking me, Henrik?" I asked him as he drove my truck. He looked over at me with a grin.

"First, the Bennett's, so you can freshen up. I'm sure you want to get out of yesterdays clothes. Then it's a surprise." He told me. I shook my head.

"What if I told you I didn't like surprises?" I pushed. He made eye contact with me. His blue eyes luring me in. He was just so handsome.

"I would tell you too bad." He said with a laugh, looking back at the road. Henrik moved his hand to rest on my thigh, looking over at me from time to time. He pulled up to the house, turning to me. "Go change into something comfy." He told me. I narrowed my eyes at him and pursed my lips.

"Really? Not even going to tell me what I'm dressing for?" He smiled and shook his head. I sighed and got out of the truck.

-

After changing, I walked back out to the truck to see Henrik hanging up his phone

After changing, I walked back out to the truck to see Henrik hanging up his phone. His eyes wondered to me as he grinned.

"Well don't you look beautiful." He complimented, leaning over and pressing a sweet kiss to my cheek.

"Thank you," I whispered, turning my head and connecting our lips. Henrik smirked against my lips as I pressed a bit harder, nipping at his bottom lip before pulling back. "So where are we going now?" I asked in a low breathy tone. Henrik blinked a few times before chuckling.

"Nice try, sweetheart." Henrik said back before sitting back into the driver seat and starting the truck back up. I huffed, pulling my seatbelt on. He chuckled at my pout before driving off. "Are you going to pout the whole way?" I looked over at him with my arms crossed. "We'll get some cheese tots if you stop pouting at me." He tried. I raised my eyebrow at him, letting the pout dissolve.

"Who told you about cheese tots?" I asked, my eyes narrowed. Henrik bit his lip, avoiding eye contact. "Henrik."

"Nik- He uh- Before planning your big apology day went to one of the Salvatore brothers.. Stefan I think. He told him." I let out a laugh and leaned back in my seat.

"Of course he did." I muttered. Henrik lets out a laugh as he drives. I looked out the window as he drove, trying to spot where we were going but nothing was really familiar. We drove for another ten minutes before he pulled into a parking lot. "An Arcade?" I questioned, looking over at him.

"Is that okay?" He asked, a bit concerned that he had chosen a bad date.

"Yeah- I used to go with my dad." I told him, a smile stretching onto my face. I jumped out of the truck as Henrik got out as well. Waiting for him before grabbing his hand and pulling him inside.

"In my defense, I did not know you came here with your dad." Henrik admitted. I laughed as we went to one of those machines to exchange cash for tokens. "I actually chose here for the cheesy tots for you." He laughed as he put cash in and tokens started to come out.

"That's what kept us coming here. We would come for my birthday every year and share a tot basket while seeing who could get the most tickets." I grinned at the memory. "I always won, although, I think he let me win mostly."

"It sounds like you both were really close." He said as he turned to me. I nodded.

"We were. Inseparable really. I didn't really have normal friends. Mostly my dad and Sheila."

"And Stefan?" I shook my head.

"He only moved here when I left." I informed him. Henrik raised his eyebrow, before nodding. "So, competition. Let's see who can get the most tickets." I challenged him with a smirk. Henrik laughed.

"And what do you get if you win?" I smiled at him.

"When I win-" Henrik lets out a snort.

"When?" I stepped towards him with a smirk.

"When." I repeated, stroking his cheek as I stand against him. "I win, You-" I smirked as a thought came to mind. Leaning up towards him. "Owe me a favor." Henrik knitted his eyebrows together, confused.

"A favor?" He questioned as I smiled, nodding. Bringing my lips close to his as his hands go to my hips to hold me steady. "Oh...Oh!" Henrik grinned, leaning down to me, our lips lightly touching. "And when I win?" He questioned, lips brushing against each other.

"I suppose I owe you then." I whispered. The sound of the whirling machines around us and lights flashing, yet Henrik's breath was all I could focus on. His lips. His warmth.

"Hmm I would enjoy that." He whispered, pulling away. "So what's first, sweetheart?"