"I forgot to ask...what do you think sir wants?"

        I was taken aback by the sudden question, but it made me think about something other than my brother. To be truthful, I didn't know either. Perhaps, it was just a "good luck Luka, I believe in you!" type of meeting. I had to admit, I was slightly put off by it—Ezekiel hasn't spoken with me in ages, but now with my death looming, he decided that it was a good time to rekindle our friendship.

        "Not really sure Mik. He didn't tell me why he wanted to talk to me," I responded. "How's training going?"

        "It's going pretty good. Miss Helena is a great mentor...but she fights a lot with sir..."

        I was waiting for him to say that, "Yeah that's how they are. You'll get along well with Ezekiel though. He knows better than to fight with you, he wants to look good in front of his...bestfriend's brother."

        Mikkel and I both laughed before he set a serious look on his face.

      "Have...you seen Silas today?"

     "I have actually, he was with Adona. Why?"

     "He's been ignoring me for awhile. Damien...thinks it's because I'm becoming...sir's assistant, but I don't know," Mikkel revealed quietly. I raised my eyebrows, a slight anger churning in my core. The virtue's hatred for his older brother was a picture anyone could view yet, I didn't think he would get mad at Mikkel for accepting such an opportunity.

       I sighed, "Mik, he's just a bit angry. Sooner or later, he'll accept it but for now, you shouldn't worry about it. This is a really important time in your life and I don't want you to feel overwhelmed. I'll talk to him about it, alright?"

       He nodded in agreement, and that was when I had noticed his ears. They were getting a lot pointier, "Your ears are getting a lot bigger, Mik."

       "Yeah...I've noticed that too. It's a bit scary at times."

      "Scary?" Mikkel, like Adona was a dominion and their patent quirk was their ears—some were freakishly pointy and long, others were round. Although it sounded a bit strange; having ears as your quirk, but it was seen as a blessing because God would give them commands by whispering it in their ear. "That just means you're getting bigger and! More powerful. I mean have you seen how powerful Adona is?"

       Mikkel laughed as he rubbed the tip of his ear—somehow not touching his black glasses in the process. But, I frowned. What if I wasn't here to see how powerful he became?

      "Frater," he said.

      "Hm?"

      "When are you going to marry miss Kallista?"

      I immediately turned red, "What?"

     "It's been- ages since you two met and you're both old enough. So why not get married?" Mikkel suggested, "then we'll have banana bread for life!"

      I laughed to wash away my discomfort, "I'll marry her...when you ask Emilia out."

      All the red pigment from his blood rushed to his face as the elevator bell went off, the polished steel doors opening. I chuckled at the convenience as he pushed his thick-framed glasses into place before scurrying out.

     "Careful!"

      I couldn't tell if Mikkel was doing that out of embarrassment or excitement. I stuffed my hands into my pocket and trotted over to Mik, who was too awestruck to notice me.

Demon Turned Lover [BxB]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara