24

Kerry

Two nights and three days passed by. I was in the process of healing, restricted to bed once again, and restricted to medicines. I was sick and tired of this.

What turn did my life take up?

From being a little foster kid to being simple and now... it all makes zero sense. Life has pushed me to my limits. This is all about risks. I took the risk to test the waters of being alone and independent. I passed. Will I pass this test though? Falling for someone and realizing he isn't what he seems to be and then going through all this tragedies is risky.

I still can't remember how I was stabbed this badly. Someone has to tell me because I don't think that memory was going to pop up anytime soon.

"What's the matter, darling?" I flinched when her fingers made contact with my skin.

"I... sorry, I was just thinking."

"About?"

Mikhaila has been by my side for the last few days. I've had two or three visitors each day too but I haven't seen the one person my heart ached to see. He must be busy. Or avoiding me. I needed the space very much but it was hard for my day to begin and end without him.

"Nothing. I'm trying to regain my memory. I really can't remember what happened in the forest and everytime I fall asleep, I am taken back to that same place." I told her honestly.

"Patience will lead you there. The doctor did say that it will take a while for you to remember."

"Yes, but I wished for it to be faster. Some things are blurry when I try to recall. I can see a few people around me but I can't identify them. It's all getting complicated."

She caressed my head. "Don't worry, sweetheart, everything will be fine. You will find out sooner or later."

"Is Noah ok?" I asked. The urge to ask about him eased from my head when she answered.

"He is a little busy with all the pack duties. Being an alpha is tough without the luna by his side, but he manages well. You miss him, don't you?"

I look away from her and she chuckles.

"You're red, dear." She teased. "I'll ask him to spend some time with you today. You both will be relieved."

Again I'm thinking.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Go ahead, darling."

"Why does everyone call him Alpha?" I hesitated.

"We werewolves are ranked according to our own hierarchy. Alphas are the highest ranked. The one who is powerful, born a leader and smarter than the rest becomes the alpha."

"Oh."

She chuckles at my response. "Luna is the alpha's mate. She takes care of the whole pack with love and care. A luna holds great respect in her packs lives. The next ranked one is the beta. He or she is the alpha's right hand. Then comes the delta, and then the warriors and the omegas. Every person plays a role."

"That's..."

"A little too much for you. I shouldn't stuff your head with so much information. You need to rest a little and I'm gonna let you do that now."

"Ok."

"Sleep assured, princess. Your prince is on his way." She said with a wink.

"Huh?"

"I mean Noah will be home soon."

"Oh."

"He is eager to see you." She teases again.

"How do you know?"

"Well, we all have a connection through which we can communicate when one is in wolf form. It's like telepathy."

"Did he tell you that?" I asked shyly.

"Yes and he also tells me to stay here with you til he comes back. Right now he is telling me that he would just use the spare room and come see you when you fall asleep."

I frown. "He comes to see me when I'm asleep?"

"Yes because he doesn't want to invade your space. He is trying to keep you secure by staying away from you."

"Why?"

She sighs. "You asked for it sweety. He is only doing this because you wanted him to give you space."

"Right." I muttered under my breath.

"Did you ever hear the saying that the more you distance yourself from someone, the more you get closer to them? This is a coincidental thought. No matter what the situation or the circumstance, Noah will always love you. The boy has never looked up to women. He never wanted a mate but ever since he found you, he only talks about you. All the time you can hear him say, 'Kerry this..., Kerry that...'. You are more precious to him, more than you can ever think of. Think about this. True love is rare and not every day you see someone finding their true love."

I blinked several times to clear my head. Mikhaila's words left me speechless. She smiled up at me and acted like it was casual. But she was right. I've taken lots of time and I've got some explaining to do to Noah.

"Looks like it's going to rain soon. Hopefully, Noah comes back before the rain. The weather seems to be getting worse nowadays." She complained.

"Hmm." I muttered.

The door bell rings. Mikhaila excitedly runs to get the door. Her excitement to see her son made me smile. A mother like her is a blessing. Her concern, her love and care, her tears all show how much she holds onto her loved ones. She is lucky to have people around her who adore her with so much love.

She enters the room again with a huge grin on her face.

"Noah's home. I'll see you tomorrow maybe."

"Ok. Drive safe."

"Thanks dear." She kisses my cheek.

Mikhaila leaves for home. Now I'm alone in the bedroom, thinking. No, I'm spacing out. My mind is blank, I can't form any coherent thoughts, and I can't get through to any other things. All I can think of is the reasons why I have fallen for Noah.

...

Drop a vote and leave a comment!🥺