4

Noah

I was at a loss of words upon hearing her delicate voice. I swear it sent delightful shivers down my spine and allowed me to feel a thousand emotions for her.

After I answered her question, I realized that her name was yet to be known. She can take her time. If she wanted me to know her name then she would tell me. I know she thought of me as a stranger so she needed a lot of time to get used to me. I'll give her the time for as long as she wants. Afterall, she could hardly feel all the emotions that mates felt. But she would, as time passed by. The more I spend time with her, the more we will get closer. Sadly, it will be a torture for me.

When I entered the room after my shower, she had fallen asleep. Thanks to Mom, she had brought in food for her and the meds must have kicked in before she fell asleep. I had chastised with my wolf on how Mom disturbed our little moment as we both did not want to end the little staring we were doing. My mate was trying to figure out her confusions on me while I was thanking the Godess. She must have thought that I was creepy. Thus, I needed to control myself.

I made my way downstairs to the living room where almost every member of my extended family was available. They were anxious to see my mate as it was kind of a family ritual. But they were forgetting about the fact that she isn't a werewolf, thus it is most likely that we will scare her. I remember when I unintentionally let her see a glimpse my wolf, the gold in my eyes did scare her. I don't want that happening again.

I slowly take in the sight infront of me. My parents are cuddled up on the love seat, my sister and her mate were trying to feed Layla, uncle Garry seems to be taking a small nap on the couch, aunt Marian and aunt Weila are both chatting away while my two little nephews are busy with the video games. Grandma seems to have noticed me standing there so she looks up from her weaving.

"Finally, our love sick puppy is here." My cousin, Shawn declared.

I lean against the wall and glare at him despite my ears turning red. Everyone roared in laughter.

"So..." he dragged. "Did you guys already mate or not? I want to see some little Noah running around this house."

"Stop pulling his leg Shawn." Grandma scolded.

"I want to see her, big bro. I already feel that we are going to be BFF's. When can we meet her?"

I gave a pointed look at Esther. "You guys already did despite me telling you not to. I'm trying to not let her run away but you guys are doing just that."

"Awe... you are just jealous that you didn't get to spend time with her."

They all laughed again.

"Keep it down, she is asleep." I said in irritation.

This time they nodded and reduced their level of voice. They understood that she had been through a rough day and needed a little rest.

"Son, I have decided to hand you over your alpha duties and your mom decides to hand over her luna duties to your mate." Says dad.

"Can this wait til I figure all this out? I want to spend more time with her and tell her about us then I can decide about my lineage."

He smiles and nods. "Take your time son. Even we all would like to get to know her since she is part of our family."

They all agreed with that and I couldn't help but grin at how much his words had affected me. I'm happier than I've ever been. Shawn nudged my shoulder and he smirked at me.

"My dear cousin is all grown up now. Look at him blush." He said loudly earning a slap from grandma.

"Quiet, our future Luna is asleep."

Mom hugged me. "I'm so happy for you, Noah. We all are. But I just... I want you both to be together and forever like your grandma and grandpa and like me and your dad. Promise me that you will always be there for her? Promise that you both wouldn't do something that will hurt you both? And promise me that you will never let a third get between you?"

"I promise to be always be there for her. I promise to never do a thing to hurt her and if I do, I will always beg for forgiveness. And I promise Mom, I promise that there will never be a third between us." I said with sincerity.

I know that my Mom has always been sensitive towards the subject of mates. She had watched grandma lose grandpa, she has seen the way some people cheat on their mates and she has watched them hurt and get ruined. But everything I promised her was never to go in vain. I would make sure that I will fulfill my promises because I was never the one to break them.

I'm glad that Dad waited for Mom because she deserved it. Their love for each other is special and loyal. I would hate for them to ever separate. My grandma lost her mate during a war. He was trying to get the little pups to safety and ended up getting killed. It's amazing how she has survived those torturous years without him. Aunt Weila was cheated by her mate but she grew stronger as each day passed and learned to forget him for good. She had personally asked me to never hurt my mate during her hard times. And I'm grateful for all the advices because hurting my mate would be the last thing in my mind.

"Yes, don't you dare give up on her. Fight for her and show her you mean every thing. Love is a powerful weapon. It can be used in a good way and also in a bad way. Follow your heart, pup. You will find the magic that you have never experienced."

I smiled at my grandma and gave her a side hug. I would absolutely take heed of her words. They mean so much to me.

It was time for bed so everyone started dispersing to their respective houses. Grandma went to her room and my parents retired to theirs. I also had the urge to go to mine but it would scare my mate so I decided to take the guest room nearest to my room.

This whole day, I noticed that I've been smiling a lot. I knew why. The most amazing gift I could ask for is with me now so there had to be a lot of reasons for me to smile.

And top it all, I guess my heart is finally at ease that everyone accepts her as my mate and their future Luna. Now all is left is her response.

...

Drop a vote and leave a comment!🥺