16

Kerry

"Noah? Where are you?" I frown when I don't see him in the kitchen either.

There was no texts, no calls and no sticky notes around. Noah wasn't around. Where is he? I haven't seen him since last night but I know he came home. While I must have slept on the couch, he put me to bed.

And there is this feeling. A bad one. I don't like how I'm getting jumpy and worried. I could hear my heartbeat slamming in my chest in this silent apartment. I did try to call him but the number itself went to voicemail. And then when I tried the second time, it said that the phone was switched off.

It's already evening and Noah hasn't returned yet. A sick feeling consumed me. Did he realize that I'm not good enough? Did he find someone else? Somehow I hoped that he didn't. I can't and I won't stop thinking about him. He just makes me feel complete. Today, I'll tell Noah how I feel and not keep him in the dark anymore.

The front door opened and in walked Noah. When his eyes landed on me, he frowned. The bed rest thing was still on and I was out of bed. Of course, the guy would lecture me about my health. Relief floods my eyes as I move closer to him. I throw my arms around his waist and lean into him. He froze but eventually returned the hug. I heard him groan slightly once or twice every second so I pulled away.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'm good. You're supposed to stay in bed, mi amor."

"I can walk now. I'm feeling brand new-" my eyes widen when I see chunks of blood stains on his tshirt. "N-Noah what are t-those?"

He looks down at himself to where I was pointing. When he sees the stains, he curses under his breath and tries to cover it up.

"Its nothing-" he says but then remorse fills his eyes. "I don't want to lie to you by saying its nothing." He sighs. "Kerry, what I am is really dangerous. If I don't shed blood then I could die becoming a prey. I need to fend off the enemies to protect my kind."

"I don't understand you."

"You will, soon." He says softly.

I grab his hand and pull him towards my bedroom. I make him sit on the bed while I get the first aid kit. His eyes were glued on me the whole time. When I came back with the kit and examined his face, I saw some cuts and some bruises there.

Putting some rubbing alcohol on the cotton wool, I gently swiped it on a cut on his cheek. He winced. Then I dabbed it on his chin. Our face were really close but I didn't mind. I didn't mind him watching me. It made me shy but something about the way he watched me makes me feel cconfident. I bandaged his cut.

"Remove your tshirt." I said while getting up.

He hesitated but obeyed. But when he did, I was both really shocked and surprised. Surprised because he seemed to have really great workout body shape. Defined muscles and broad chest. He was all muscles but not too much of muscles. Shocked because I noticed something peculiar. His wounds were sort of healing on it's own. I mean the process was visible, it can clearly be seen. The blood was disappearing from the smaller cuts and they were closing on there own. I rubbed my eyes two times to clear my thoughts but whatever I was witnessing was still in progress.

"Noah what's happening?"

He didn't reply but I could feel him watching me thoroughly like he wanted to know what I was thinking. I moved closer to him. I leaned down to apply the alcohol on his chest but his hands enclosed on mine. The next thing I know is that I'm sitting on his lap. With wide eyes I look up at him. He doesn't say a word while he stares at me.

"You're healing faster. H-how?"

"I'll heal even faster if you hold me, Kerry."

I frowned at him. "How can you say it like that?"

"Because that is true. You wanna test it?"

I nod with hesitation. I place my arms around his naked chest, careful not to hurt him and lean into him. He puts his left arm infront of us so I could watch his bloody hand, scared with bite marks, heal.

Nothing happens. All I could feel was his heart beat strumming in my ear and his warmth. Noah was so warm. His body heat was unbelievable. I nestled my head on his chest and watched his hand.

I was wrong. While I was staring at it, everything disappeared and his skin was normal. I didn't even have time to blink. The blood, the scars, the bite marks all disappeared. I didn't know if I was even surprised.

"I believe you." I said slowly.

I felt his other hand brush through my hair. "You must be wondering how that's possible? I know you have more than one question. Just ask them and I'll answer if I can."

"What are you Noah?"

He chuckled. "You're smart. But I can't answer that and you will have to find that out. All I can tell you is that I'm not human."

I pull away to look up at him. I can't help but cup his cheek with my palm. Noah leans into the touch.

"You are human. You're just different. Extraordinary."

He smiles. "Someone is getting all defensive about me."

"I can't help it."

"And why is that?" He whispers.

I lean towards him and land a small kiss on his cheek. Noah freezes with time and I end up whispering what I yearned to let him know.

"Because I'm deeply falling in love with you and I can't stop it."

Shock overcomes his playful feature "This isn't a joke, right?" He asks, vulnerability on his every word.

"I don't joke about my feelings either."

A huge grin spreads on his lips. And he attaches himself back to me. I return the hug with equal happiness.

"I love you, Kerry. Forever and ever."

...

Drop a vote and leave a comment!🥺