33.

The group had been walking for some time; it felt like they were going nowhere. Olivia looked around, and it was, all the same, they were still walking forward, hoping they would end up somewhere. Olivia was walking beside Steve.

"You think they built this whole mall so they could transport that green poison?"

"I very seriously doubt it's something as boring as poison."

"It's gotta be much more valuable, like promethium or something," Dustin said. "What the hell is promethium?" Steve asked, looking at Dustin. "It's what Victor Stone's dad used to make Cyborg's bionic and cybernetic components," responded Robin.

Erica held her stomach "you're all so nerdy it makes me physically ill," she said, her hands on her stomach, one on top of the other. "No, no, no, don't lump me in with them. I'm not a nerd, all right?" Steve said defensively. Olivia smiled and rolled her eyes.

"Why so sensitive, Harrington? Afraid of losing cool points to a ten-year-old child?" Robin said, looking at him with a playful smile. "No, I'm just saying I don't know jack shit about Prometheus."

"Promethium," Dustin and Olivia corrected. Steve looked at her; she shrugged "what I listen," she said simply.

"Prometheus is a Greek mythological figure, but whatever. All I'm saying is, it's probably being used to make something," Dustin said.

"Or power something," Robin added. "Maybe for a nuclear weapon?" Olivia said. "Walking towards a nuclear weapon. That's great. That'd be great," Steve said, shaking his head lightly.

The group continued to walk, "but if they're building something, why here? I mean, Hawkins. Seriously. Of all places. At the very best, we're a toilet stop on your way to Disneyland, but maybe that's it," Robin said.

Dustin and Steve were walking slower, staying behind. Steve held Olivia's arm to keep her behind with them. Steve and Dustin looked at each other. "You think the Russians know?"

"About--

"They could. So it's connected?"

"Maybe I don't know how but it could be," Steve said, looking at Dustin and Olivia.

"Possible," the three said at the same time.

Olivia gasped, "I totally forgot," she said as she looked at Steve, her mouth in an O shape. "What is it," Steve asked. "Billy was going to drop me off at your place the other day when something hit the windshield of Billy's car-" "Wait, you didn't tell me this, are you alright," Steve asked with worry and placed his hand on her shoulder. Dustin watched, waiting for what the story was about. "Yeah, I'm good, that's not why I'm telling you this. We saw-"

"I'm sorry, is there something you'd like to share with the class?" Robin said, walking up to them.

The three of them didn't know what to say when they heard the code. Erica set her backpack down where the walkie was in and handed it to Robin. "It's the code. Wherever that broadcast is coming from-" "It's close." Robin nodded "and if there's one thing we know about that signal...It can reach the surface," she said, looking up.

"Let's go"

Steve was in front telling the others to stop as a Russian passed closely by them. "Okay, clear. Clear, come on, let's go," Steve told them as he continued to walk. Robin behind him, then Dustin. Erica walked close behind him, and lastly, Olivia. "Okay, that was close," Robin said, and Olivia had to agree. "Too close," Dustin added.

"Relax, nobody saw us," Steve said as he turned the corner and saw more Russians. Steve stops with his mouth in an O shape. Some of the Russians had white lab coats, others with their uniform holding guns, walking back and forth guarding something, and a few with a red suit.