17.

Billy was driving fast with a destination in mind his rock music was playing loudly in his car.

He had left Max behind outside in the house. He tried to forget about the painful screams of his sister Olivia. But remember that made him even angrier as he stepped on the gas.

Once he got to his destination, he got out of his car and started to walk to the front door of a house. He hit the wall several times after a few minutes; someone opened the door. As the front door open there was a confused Steve Harrington by the door.

Before he had a chance to ask Billy what he was doing there, Billy, with an angry face, got him from his shirt "you're dead, Harrington, you hear me," he said in a threatening voice. Billy pushed him hard to the floor "whats wrong with you," Steve questioned from the floor, looking up at Billy.

"Whats wrong, let me think," he said, walking closer to Steve.

"Because you opened your big mouth, my sister took the blame for your stupid call," he said, raising his voice, kneeling getting closer to Steve.

Steves face changed from confused to worried after hearing what Billy said "is Olivia alright," he asked, trying to get up.

Billy pushed him back "what do you think," he said, throwing a punch at Steves face.

"You will feel all the pain Olivia is going through," he said, punching Steve over and over again.

Steve was in pain; he had blood on his face. He was able to kick Billy, making him lose balance. "Listen, man, Im sorry I just wanted to help Olivia," he said, holding his side with only one eye open as the other one was hard to open.

"Help her! You think you help her," he got a hold of Steve, making him get up. "I thought I was doing the right thing!"

Billy shook his head and let go of Steve. "You never do anything right, Harrington," he said, pointing his index finger at Steve.

"Don't come over the house again," Billy said firmly, and he walked out the door. Steve slowly walked to his sofa and lay there another fight he didnt win.

At the time that Billy arrived at his house, the screams had stopped. His father was in the kitchen eating as nothing had happened.

Neil's knuckles were covered with bruises and blood.

Max was sitting next to her mother; she had tears running down her eyes, and her hand was shaking as she brought the spoon to her mouth.

"Sit down and eat, Billy," his father said, not looking up from his plate. "Im not hungry, maybe later."

"This isnt a restaurant. There wont be food later," his father said, looking up from his plate. "I understand," Billy said and walked down the hall to his room, as he passed by Olivia's room, he started to walk slower; he could hear distant cries.

Slowly he moved his hand to the doorknob. He tried to open it, but it was locked, he wasnt surprised. He was going to knock, but before his knuckles could touch the door, he stopped. He looked at the door and shook his head; he continued to walk to his room.

What was he going to tell her? He didnt know what to say. He had just gone to her boyfriend's house and beat him up. He closed his door and went to bed.

One week since that day had passed, Olivia didnt get out of her room. She didnt want to see or talk to anyone. After eating, Max always left her a plate full of food outside her door. Once there was no noise Olivia only opened the door to get her plate and locked the door again. When everyone was at work or at school, she would get out of her room and use the restroom. She had a system she could live in her room.

After her shower, she looked at herself in the mirror; she had a busted lip that was slowly healing itself. She could see better from her eye; there was still some bruising around it. The bruises in her back and thighs were still there, but they were getting smaller. She looked better than that day; she didnt want to remember that. She had a tear running down her face looking at herself in the mirror. She slowly put on her clothes to not hurt herself and went to her room. She took a seat on her bed with her legs crossed. Since she had missed a whole week of school, a girl from her chemistry class gave Billy her missing work. She got it when Max dropped her dinner. Max had tried to talk to her that week, but Olivia never responded.

She also heard footsteps walking by her door and stopping in front of it, but there was never a knock. She assumed it was Billy, but she wasnt sure. She also heard knocks on her window, but she never answered them. Olivia knew it was Steve; however, she didnt want to see him right away. She wasnt mad at him, but she didnt feel like talking.

Billy and Max walked into the house arguing about something like usual. "What dont you get, Billy something is wrong; we havent seen her in a week and three days!" Max dropped her skateboard on the floor; she was worried about Olivia.

"Shes eating; she'll survive," Billy said, shrugging, passing by Max.

"What thats it," Max said, raising her arms.

"She will get out of her room whenever shes ready."

There was a knock on the door; Billy rolled his eyes and walked to the door. "How many times do I have to tell you, Harrington, I dont want you here in the house," Billy told Steve.

"I just want to see her. She wont open her window; shes not in school, you dont let me see her. I don't know how she is," Steve said, trying to go into the house.

"Billy let him in," Max said. Noticing that Billy was distracted looking at Max, Steve used this time to push Billys arm that was resting on the door frame and walk into the house.

"Harrington," Billy said, annoyed, closing the door.

The three of them started to argue in front of Olivia's door. "She wont open the door. I know shes eating, but thats it," Max said worriedly to Steve.

"She does this when things like this happen," Billy said.

"But not this long," Max said, looking at Billy.

Steve knocked on her door, "Ollie, its me, please, open the door; we are worried about you." Silence there was no sound coming from Olivia's room.

"Dont you have a key to her door," Steve asked, looking between Max and Billy.

Max shook her head "you can kick it open," she said honestly. "Please, Harrington kicking the door open that would never happen," Billy said, sure of himself. Steve looked a bit offended by that.

"Olivia open this door right now, or I will use your boyfriend as a battering ram," Billy yelled. Steve looked at him and back at the door, knowing that Billy was capable of many things. But Olivia didnt open the door "please, O, at least tell us you are ok," Max said, getting closer to the door.

"Im ok," Olivia said from her room; it was quiet that you had to pay attention to hear it, or you would have missed it.

Max was relieved to hear her voice again; Steve had a smile on his face, and Billy had a small smile that looked a bit like a smirk.

"See, she's fine now you can leave," Billy told Steve. "Ill be back every day, Ollie," Steve yelled as Billy was pushing him out of the house.

"Dont come back," Billy said and closed the door on Steves face.