22.

The school year was coming to an end; Steve and Billy were graduating High School.

The graduation ceremony was taking place in the afternoon on a Saturday. Everyone in the Hargrove household was getting ready. Billy had to be there earlier to get in line, and Neil wanted to get a good spot.

"How Billy made it this far is a mystery to me," Max said, leaning against the door frame. "He might have slept with a few teachers," Olivia said, looking at Max. "You think so," she asked, raising her eyebrows. Olivia shrugged "wouldn't surprise me, but he was smart when we were younger; he used to help me with my homework; he's just lazy."

"Girls, let's go," Susan said, placing her hand on Maxs shoulder. Billy had already left in his car. Max and Olivia walked to Neils car "hurry, I want to get a good spot." Olivia looked down, Max held her hand, and they both got in the car. The two girls were sitting in the back of the car, talking and laughing. "I don't know why we have to dress nice," Olivia told Max looking at what they were wearing. Neil heard this "you are dressing nicely because we are celebrating that your brother is graduating is an accomplishment, and we will show him our support," he said firmly. "And next year, it will be you, Olivia," Susan said, trying to change the mood of the conversation. Olivia gave Susan a small smile.

After that, the rest of the ride was quiet; finally, they had arrived. One by one, they got out of the car hand in hand; Neil and Susan started walking.

The graduation took place outside; parents and other family members were already sitting on the bleachers. Max and Olivia walked not too far away from Susan and her father. They were able to find an empty space, a bleacher above where her father was.

In the middle of the field, there were several rows of chairs, and all the seniors graduating that year were sitting down waiting for their names to be called. "Max, Olivia, hey," Dustin said, walking closer to them. "Sorry coming through," he said as he took a seat next to Max. Olivia was happy to see Dustin. Steve had told her how he was still talking to Dustin, and they saw each other sometimes on the weekends. "I'm guessing you're here for Steve." He had a big smile on his face, "Yes, I'm proud of him." "Me too," Olivia said with a smile.

"Good afternoon to parents, friends, and faculty staff that could be here today. Thank you to parents and friends for being every step of the way to our fellow students, especially today. Please, Victoria Anderson, make your way to the stage." Victoria got her diploma, Olivia politely clapped for her.

After 20 minutes, Billy was next "William Hargrove" Billy walked to the stage and got his diploma. Susan took a picture as he was holding it. Neil was clapping for his son. Olivia and Max got up; they cheered and clapped for their obnoxious brother. They have a complicated relationship, but Olivia was proud and happy for Billy. "Go William!!" she shouted as he walked down the stage.

A few more names were called then it was Steve's turn "Steve Harrington" Olivia and Dustin were the first ones to get up; even Max did. Olivia saw Mr. and Mrs. Harrington a few bleachers down cheering for their son. Dustin was one of the loudest in the crowd. "Good job, buddy," he squealed. Olivia clapped and cheered for her boyfriend until he walked down the stage. When he was going back to his seat, he saw Olivia and Dustin up in the bleachers; he waved at them. Dustin happily waved back.

More names were called some students, Olivia didn't even know she had seen a few of them in the halls, but she wasn't familiar with them. She even clapped for Faith, the girl that Billy took to prom. They were together for a week, which was the longest relationship Billy had ever had with a girl at Hawkins.

"Everyone at Hawkins High School wishes you everything that you so well deserve in the years ahead; it has been an honor and a privilege watching your growth and accomplishments. Congratulations to the class of 1985!" the Hawkins High school Principal said. The parents were getting down from the bleachers looking for their High School graduates Neil and Susan had left Olivia didn't even notice.

"Steve is over there," Dustin pointed to the left Steve was talking to his parents. Max, Dustin, and Olivia made their way to him. As they were getting closer, his parents left his side, and Steve looked sad. "Steve," Dustin said excitedly. Seeing them walking to him, Steve changed his frown with a smile, but Olivia knew something was wrong. After Dustin hugged Steve and congratulate him, Max walked up to him and also felicitate him.

"I'll give you 15 minutes," Max told Olivia. Max took Dustin that way; Olivia and Steve could talk alone. "But I wasn't done talking," Dustin said, but Max only pulled him away. "Congratulations, you're officially a High School graduate," she said, placing her arms around his neck. "Thank you," he said with a smile that didn't reach his ears. "What's wrong, Steve?" He sighed, "I didn't get into tech, and my dad wants me to get a job." "oh," Olivia said, her arms dropping to her side. "Yeah," he said, disappointed.

"Hey, don't worry. I heard that the mall is opening soon and they are hiring. You might like it." "I doubt it," he said with a frown.

She lifted his chin with her finger making him see her. When he looked at her, he smiled for a moment; he forgot about tech and getting a job, he only saw her and what a beautiful view it was.

He kissed her on the lips and hugged her "thank you, Ollie." She was confused "for what?" "For existing," she laughed, "You're welcome I'm happy that you exist too."