1.

The ride from California to the small midwestern town of Hawkins, Indiana, was a long and exhausting ride.

The sun shined as Olivia looked out the window from the passenger seat. They were driving in two separate cars. Olivia's father was driving one car. The older read-head Susan was in the passenger seat. Olivia's younger stepsister Max was in the back seat, her skateboard by her side.

In the car that she was in, her brother Billy was driving his 79 blue Camaro. He hit the steering wheel to the rhythm of his favorite song. The backseat of Billy's car was packed with boxes. Olivia looked out the window. The small town didn't have anything that caught her eye. It was quiet and peaceful; only a handful of people were outside. Some kids were riding their bikes.

Billy drove with a lazy hand on the wheel. His legs spread as he hit the pedal gas, going a little bit over the speed limit.

After a few hours, they finally arrived at their new house located at 5280 Old Cherry Road. Olivia got out of the car seeing the house for the first time.

Her brother Billy was not impressed "go inside, you three get to have your own room," her father Neil said. Billy and Olivia looked at each other for a second, and they both ran inside the house. Billy pushed her to the side, going in the door first. "You asshole," she screamed at her brother.

Max was already inside the house, looking at the rooms. Billy went into one of the rooms in the back and closed the door "shit," Olivia said he already picked a room.

She looked at Max getting out of one of the rooms; she went in and closed the door. Max banged on the door "hey, I was only going to get my stuff in my room."

"Too bad this is my room," Olivia screamed at Max at the other side of the door. Max kicked the door and went outside to get her stuff.

Olivia turned around, looking at her new room. It was smaller than her old room back in California.

Olivia was unpacking her stuff and looking where to put them; Billy walked into her room, dropping a box "hey, you idiot, careful with that," she told him, annoyed. She looked inside the box, making sure nothing was broken; she looked at her brother, who only left. "Asshole," she mumbled.

Standing up with her hands on her hip Olivia saw the finished product of her new room. She tried to have it almost the same as how it was in California. She smiled to herself; there was a knock on the door; Max opened the door, "dinner is ready."

She walked out of her room and into the kitchen. There were still a few boxes that needed to be unpacked on top of the kitchen counter. She took a seat next to Max. Susan started to set the plates on the table.

The five of them started to eat; it was quiet at the dinner table. "Mom, I was wondering if I could go to the arcade. I saw one when we were driving," said Max to her mother. Susan looked at Neil, who gave a small nod, "Yes, that's fine, just don't be out too late." Max smiled at her mother and continued to eat.

"Olivia, when you get done eating, I want you to help your mother out in the kitchen; there's a lot to unpack."

"She's not my mother," Olivia said under her breath. "What did you say," her father asked, dropping the fork on the table loudly. Susan looked up from her plate, worried.

"I said I would love to help her," she smiled sweetly at him. Neil got his fork and pointed at Olivia "don't be a smartass, Olivia," her father said firmly. She only rolled her eyes and continued to eat.

Once everyone was done, she got up from the table and helped out Susan. She got a few plates out of one of the boxes "where do you want me to put them," Oliva asked, holding the plates up. "Over there is fine," said Susan pointing at a cabinet to the left.