23.

Summer was starting, classes had ended, and the mall had recently opened. Everything was good in Hawkins, Indiana.

Steve got a job at the mall with Olivia's friend Robin; they had shared chemistry class together their last school year. Olivia was hired at the mall too, just a few stores away from where Steve and Robin work. She was hired at Claires Accessories, a store for kids, teens, and young adults that sold high fashion trends. Even Billy got a job at the community pool as a lifeguard. Making a lot of women happy to see him there.

Max, having more free time, spent most of her time with Lucas, Will, Mike, and El. Dustin had left earlier in the summer for camp. The kids were happy about Steves job at Scoops Ahoy! because the back door was easy access to the movie theater.

When Olivia wasnt working, she was usually with Steve and Robin, which wasnt very often; since the mall opened, it was always full.

People of all ages were seen at the mall. Working made Olivia realize she hated people, specifically customers. Kids wanted to open the products and try them on when that was not allowed. Moms complain about not finding a specific color of an item, telling the employees to go to the back, and demanding to see the manager. Some customers even complain about prices like it was her fault Olivia had no saying in that.

Exhausted, she walked to Scoops Ahoy! She took a seat and rested her head on the table. "Bad day huh," Steve asked, pulling a chair. "Why are people so ugh," she said, lifting her head, "I had to repeat myself 20 times. People just dont know how to listen," she said, annoyingly resting her head on the table once again.

Robin walked up to them and got her ice cream, "one scoop of chocolate with one scoop of vanilla on top just how you like it," Robin said. "Thank you, Robin, my shitty day got better," she said while taking the ice cream. "Wait, let me pay," she told Robin as she was walking away. "No need, its on me" "I cant let you do that," she said, looking at Robin. She only smiled at her "dont worry."

"Why is she so nice to you," Steve asked Olivia after Robin left. "What do you mean," she said, licking the ice cream "shes rude, and she doesnt like me." "Robin is not rude." Steve took Olivia's ice cream and licked it. "She is," he handed it back to her. "Lets agree to disagree" "I guess," he said, getting closer to the ice cream to have some more. Olivia ended up sharing her ice cream with Steve.

"Max came by," Steve said. "Again, really, Steve, you will get in trouble," Olivia said; she had told Max not to go to the movies often to not draw attention, it seemed she didnt care. "I told them that they will be dead if someone finds out." "Im sorry, Steve, but thats not intimidating." "What Im threatening children thats intimidating," he said as a few parents with their children nearby looked at them. "Focus on your ice cream, ma'am," Olivia said to an older woman with her two children.

She looked back at Steve "what" he had a smile on his face; he got a napkin from the next table; Olivia looked at him confused. He got closer to her, and with his napkin, he cleaned the side of her lip that had chocolate ice cream. "Thank you" she gave him a quick kiss. "You can thank me more," he said, moving closer to her. "Sorry, Steve, my break ended, and I have to go back," she said, looking at the time.

"But I really dont want to go. Can you tell them I left and Im living in Russia or something," she begged. "Come on, Ollie, your shift almost ends." "Please dont make me go back," she fake cried. She looked at Robin, who was with a customer, "Robin help" "Im working sorry, love you bye," she waved at Olivia. "Ugh, I hate you both," she said, but before she left, she kissed Steve on the lips. "I thought you hated me," he said as he watched her walk away. "I do," she yelled, walking into Claires.

"Youre late, Olivia," Monica, her manager, said. "Only three minutes," she responded. "Go help that customer, and dont be late again." "Ugh, I hate it here," she mumbled as she walked to the family.

"Hello, welcome to Claires Accessories; what can I help you with today," she said in the nicest tone she could.