practice (shalnark)

Y/n sits on her bed in her room, in comfy lounging clothes, seeing as it's currently the troupes day off.

She plays lazily on her phone, when she gets a text from shalnark.

"Hey y/n!! Could you come downstairs for a minute?" It reads. She slides from her bed and skips downstairs, being met with a brick wall. Or, so she thought. She looks up, to see Chrollo looking down at her. Except, he looks different. His hair isn't gelled back like it usually is, now it's in its natural fluffy state, with a bandanna covering his tattoo.

He has on a suit, which seems the sleeves have been ripped off, along with the tie. If she's honest, he looks really attractive. What can she say, she loves a guy in a suit.

"Oh, excuse me." She says, slipping by him.

"Pardon me, angel." He says casually as he continues. Y/n blushes a deep shade of red. Chrollo tends to flirt with y/n, but in a very low-key way. If you didn't know him like she does you'd think he's just being polite, but he knows the affect he has on her. Plus, he doesn't talk to any of the other women like he does her. Whatever, she was on a mission.

"What's up Shal?" She says, sitting next to the blond boy.

"Hey y/n! Thanks for coming. I was wondering if I could practice with my needles on you?" Y/n thinks for a moment.

"Don't worry, it doesn't hurt. But... it'll help me expand my abilities!" He says, waving his phone around.

"Uhm, sure. Why not." She says, dropping her shoulders.

"Great! Thanks, y/n. Now, let's see... I need a smaller space. Do you think we could go to your room?" He says, a hand on his chin. Nobunanga and Feitan share a glance, then narrow their eyes at Shal.

"Yeah, sure. Can I ask why you need a smaller room though? You said this wouldn't hurt..." she says, noticing the other boys' actions.

"Oh, we'll it's simple! in an inclosed space, there's less distractions." He says with a hand on his hip.

Y/n isn't sure what she thinks. She trusts Shal not to do anything weird, but then again, does she? By the way the other guys are looking, she thinks there's something off.

"Okay... I'll meet you up there, there's something I gotta do first." She says.

"Alright!" She waits until he's out of sight to walk over to the two.

"What's with the shady looks?" She asks.

"You're not really gonna let him control you, are you?" Nobunanga says with a 'are you really that naive?' Look.

"I don't see a problem with it."

"Bad idea." Feitan says.

"Why? If he tries anything I'll kick his ass." She shrugs.

"Right... but you can't do anything while you're being controlled. It's a bad idea. Plus, Shalnark isn't as innocent as he seems." Nobu says.

"What do you mean? He's not gonna hurt me. I know him."

"Do whatever you want. But don't complain when he tries something." He shrugs.

"Don't complain? You act like that would be on me. It's not my fault if I trust a friend and he turns out to be a jerk, is it?!" Feitan snickers behind his mask.

"No, it's not. Sorry. Just, be careful please." Nobunanga sighs.

"Thanks. Now if you excuse me, I have to help a friend." She says, turning to go back up the stairs.

Once she reaches the door, his words echo in her mind. What if he really is secretly trying to use her for something dirty? She shakes the thought from her head, and pushes the door open.

Shal's laying on her bed on his side, facing the door.

"Hey! Thanks for letting me do this. Okay, I'll just stick you in the shoulder, how does that sound?" He says, the sharp needle poised towards her as she sits down.

"Sure." She nods. He sticks her, making her flinch slightly, and looks down at his phone. The second he presses something her entire body cinches up. She looks over with just her eyes, which is the only thing she can move. His face now has a mischievous air to it, visible behind his innocent smile only to his eyebrows which slightly furrow.

"Now, come sit next to me." She stands, surprised by how her body seems to move on its own.

"Atta girl." She sits down, her body right up against his as he sits up.

"Now give me a kiss on the cheek." He says, smiling devilishly.

Her body obeys, kissing him softly. Though she can't control it, she can feel every movement, every sensation. His cheek is unbelievably soft, making her want to smile at his cuteness. But, wait, why did he have her kiss him? Is he just messing around?

"Now sit on my lap." No noise escapes her mouth, but she gasps internally. Sit in his lap? We're the guys right? Is he trying to make a move? Surely not. Surely he's just joking.

Her body obeys, climbing up into his lap. He grins, a light blush on his face.

"I have to tell you something, y/n. Look into my eyes." She obeys.

"I think you're a great girl. I've always admired you and thought you were the coolest. Because you are! I didn't know how to tell you, so I'm just doing what I know how to. What do you think?" He takes the pin out of her shoulder, making her entire body relax. She starts to fall, but he catches her by her waist and holds her up.

"Woah!" He giggles, looking hopefully into her eyes. Y/n takes a moment to gain full movement in all her muscles. She tests her elbow, then her knee, and each finger individually. Once she has tested all of them, she looks up at Shal. He gives her a hopeful smile, before being met with a painful slap on the back of his head.

"Hey!" He squeaks, holding his head.

"What the hell! You just wanted to use me for your weird desires!? I should've known you were a creep!" She says, making him look up, the tears in his eyes evident.

"I-I didn't mean it like that, I swear!"

"Well what did you mean then?!" She shouts.

"I told you, I didn't know how to tell you, so I did what I know to do best!" He frowns.

"What, harrass me?!" She yells back.

"I wasn't harassing you." He says in a normal tone, the confusion in his voice evident.

"But you made me kiss you, and sit in your lap!"

"Yeah, cuz I wanted you close to me." She sighs, rolling her shoulders forward as she presses her head against his chest. Wait, she's still in his lap? She looks up into his face, which gives her a hopeful smile. She sighs.

"I can't tell if you're lying or not, so I guess I believe you. You still didn't answer my question, why am I in your lap?" She says quieter, but still with an agitated tone.

"Well you can get up now if you want. But I wanted to hold you close to me. You're so cute and warm I just want to cuddle you!" He says, smiling innocently. She sighs, smiling gently at him.

"Im sorry. I thought you were trying something impure. But it still doesn't take away the fact that I'm pissed!" She scolds him.

"I'm sorry, please forgive me!" He says, clasping his hands together, bowing his head. She takes his face in her hands, raising it to look at her. He gives her large doe eyes, his curiosity piqued. She plants a gentle kiss on his forehead, and hugs his torso. He hugs her right back, kissing her hair a few times.

"Does this mean you forgive me?"

"No."

"Aww man!"