Rain (Hiso and Illu)

Y/n is a 5 year old girl, who is currently on the run. What she thought would be a fun family outing took a turn for the worse, when her dad randomly attacked her and her mom, letting her barely escape with her life.

She doesn't know if her dad is following her, all she knows is to run. Run fast, and far.

Eventually her tiny legs give out, sending her tumbling into a large puddle. She lets out a cry of pain as her rib hits a rock in the midst of her tumble.

She slowly crawls to her hands and knees, looking down into the puddle at her reflection. Her h/c hair, now flattened by the rain, sticks to her face and neck from the rain. The rain starts to pick up, making her look up into the sky and squint.

Tears drop from her eyes, and she lets out a small sob. Then another, and soon her small frame is racked with sobs, bringing her to her knees once again.

"What're you doing?" A voice says above her. Startled, y/n snaps her head up to look at the stranger, flinching noticeably.

"Ah! Please don't hurt me." Her large e/c eyes spill tears down her flushed cheeks as she holds her arms in front of her face to shield herself. The man in front of her simply stares down at her with blank eyes. He's tall, so much so that he towers over her menacingly.

"Im not going to hurt you, I asked you why you were out here." He says with a calm voice.

"I was... running." She says, glancing up.

"Running from what?"

"My dad."

"Why?"

"He hurt mom."

He pauses. "Where?"

"That way." She points to where she came, as she remembers her mother's face, her fathers yelling, tears start to fall quicker. The man looks up, past the girl, into the woods.

"Go that direction, you'll find a cabin. Knock on the door and tell the man I sent you, I'll be back." He says, making the girl look up questioningly. But when she turns back to him, he's gone. She scans the area around her, but he's nowhere to be found. Weird. She manages to rise to her feet, and walk in the direction the man stood. After a few minutes, she comes to a clearing, where a single, rather large cabin sits.

Tired, cold, and still in fight or flight, she climbs the steps with shaky legs and knocks on the door. After a moment the door opens, revealing another extremely tall man, this one with bright red hair.

He's shirtless, and his curly red locks falls over his face in large swoops. He glances around, before looking down, his eyes widening subtly at her pitiful state, but he quickly recovers by smiling.

"Why, hello there. Who might you be?" He says with a polite grin.

"The man with the black eyes told me to come here." She says in almost a whisper. He hums in understanding.

"Ah, you must've met Illumi. Here, why don't you come in." He turns his body to invite her in, so she ducks into the door.

"Let me get you a towel, you're soaked." The man said, stepping into another room. Looking around, y/n notices a few pictures framed around the room, mostly of himself and the blank eyed man. The furniture and decorations all tie together in a neutral calm, creating a sort of quelling, homey feel to slow her racing thoughts.

The man returns with the biggest, fluffiest towel she'd ever seen, and kneels down to her level to dry her off.

"Why we're you out in this storm sweetheart? It must be really scary out there." He muses, wrapping the towel around her small frame and rubbing her gently to remove the chilling wetness.