That was an emotional phone call. For the both of us. And Chiron too.

"Perfect" I nodded, scribbling that down in my book. As the maid of honour, I was determined to help Thalia in any way I could.

"Now," she said sweetly, shoving all the items aside and cupping her cheeks, "who are you bringing as your dateeee," she wiggled her eyebrows.

Even Luke stoped working, giving me coy look.

"I don't know," i replied

"Lies!" Thalia declared, "You and Percy are dating! Come on!"

My face heated, "no we're not!" I protested. But I wouldn't say no If he asked.

"But you kissed!"

"So what!!"

After we got back from our Trip, I told Thalia and Luke everything that had happened. And they were....ecstatic, Thalia particularly who was jumping in excitement. Luke took a little convincing, but he was happy at the end.

They also decided that they would kill him, lest he hurts me.

"Do you want to bring him?" Luke asked, putting down his pen for a second. He titled his head, waiting for my answer.

"Maybe?" I mumbled. Yes.

He raised an eyebrow and so did Thalia, waiting for me to be honest.

"Fine, I do," I answered truthfully. I can't lie to these two, they can sniff it out like bloodhounds.

And I didn't want to. They were the closest thing I had to a family. Heck! They were my family, blood relations or not.

Thanks clapped her hands together, "Perfect! So you're coming together," she decided

"But-"

She put a finger on my lips, "No buts, Annie. You're asking him tomorrow and that's that. But for now, we, unfortunately must go shopping."

"Oh and what did Aphrodite say about your leave? I'm still not sold on the idea, but Thalia says you'll be fine," Luke asked, as if he suddenly remembered something important.

I'd asked Great Aunt Aphrodite if I could take about two and a half weeks off of school so I could run the bookstore in Luke's absence. And help Thalia plan the wedding and get her to relax a bit.

She was very hesitant and came up with probably 130 reasons for me not to do that. But, once I showed her my report card and explained to her that I would still study and use this time to apply to places, she finally agreed. Wasn't necessarily too happy about it, but she did.

I nodded to Luke, "With a little convincing...she agreed," I explained.

Luke scoffed, shaking his head as he returned to his work.

Then Thalia and I went shopping Luke wisely staying behind. We shopped for almost an hour in a store owned by Aunt Aphrodite, until she found a dress she liked.

It was a plain white dress, with some creases at the bottom. It had a sweetheart neckline that made Thalia looked like a annoyed princess.
Or should I say Queen?

So we bagged it up, and finally left, exhausted.

"So when are you asking him?" Thalia asked, abruptly pausing the conversation that we were having during dinner.

"Tomorrow," I decided. Better late than never, I could go after school. And besides, I'd never seen his dad's house before so I was excited. And to see Tyson again.

Ahhh! Thinking about it is giving me butterflies.

"Good.Thalia took YEARS to make a move," Luke rolled his eyes, stuffing his face with his diner pizza.

They began bickering about the details of that. And I was too scared to agree with Luke cause Thalia had a butter knife in her hand.

So I let the argument go on.

After dinner, I helped Luke with the bookstores financial sheet. And we made a couple of decisions together.

It felt odd, not having to do anything myself. And it took me a second to actually listen to Luke's opinion. But he was very patient with me and gave me a lot of great ideas that honestly even I hadn't thought of.

After which I called up the bank and mailed most of my portion of the profits, that Luke and I were splitting 40-60 with me getting 60 (after he insisted) to Helen.

She sent a text in thanks. She actually called too, but I declined. I...was too tired for that right now .

Luke escorted me home, talking about his nerves for the wedding. It was a chill night. And a good day

Hopefully tomorrow will go just as well, I begged to whoever listened. Because once I asked, there would be no going back. Even if it messed things up between us.

—————————————————————————

Why was Luke accounting you ask?
Well it's because I was too lazy to do my account's homework for the day so he's doing it for me to make me feel good about myself okay?!

Don't judge 😭

(Also chapter posted on 18th December 2021 at 11:37pm....so I'm technically posting the chapter early...)

Anyways! Stay tuned!!
—S