Help

Florence's POV.

I reach the train station. I've been running for the past half an hour, trying to get to the last train of the day that leaves in less than five minutes. I've probably left a trail of blood behind me. People stare at me as I limp to the ticket booth.

"I need a ticket!" I almost scream at the salesman. I need to reach Avonlea before I have no more blood in my system.

"You're too late. Tickets are sold out." He turns the sign that says 'tickets here' and it says 'sold out' once it's turned around. My heart pounds. This has to be a joke. I'm pretty sure the blood is visible through the dress. I turn around and show him the back of the bloody dress.

"You see this?" I hold up the dress. "I am most likely dying. I need to get on that train right now." He looks at me wide eyed. 

"You might want to go to a hospital, not a train, I don't think that would help you very much, sweetheart."

"Get me in that train right now!'' I yell at the man. 

"Security!'' I hear the man shout. two men grab my arms and I feel myself being dragged. 

"Let me go! You piece of shit! I know how to walk on my own!" I struggle to get out of their grasp, but finally, they let me go. I stroll to a corner of the station and sit down on the snow, staining it red with my blood. I sigh as the cold starts to sting. The jacket does nearly nothing compared to the cold in Canada. I can feel it, the blur in my vision starting to show. Great, this is how I die. I'm going to die outside on the snow, having absolutely no one to say my last words to. I can feel my eyes start to close slowly. Echoes are the only thing I can hear. 

"Florence?" Uh oh. I know that voice anywhere even if it's just an echo. 

"Mr. Phillips." I suck my teeth as I see him getting closer. "What a pleasure..."

"I would say the same, but you're the reason to why I don't have a job anymore." I hear his voice, but I can't hear any emotion when he speaks. I can't hear hatred, sadness, anger, anything.

"No, that is your fault, professor." I tell him. And it is. He did something awful that will haunt me for the rest of my life. The least he can do is to accept the fact that he's wrong. He did something bad. TERRIBLE. And he ended up in this situation by himself.

He sighs, looking down at my dress. "Why are you bleeding?" He asks me. Why is he still here? Fuck off.

"Nothing that you need to know about." I tell him. He scoffs.

"Since when do you have the nerve to speak up for yourself?" He laughs.

"Since I noticed that that is the reason why you did what you did. You thought that I wouldn't tell anyone because I was too afraid to speak up for myself. Well now you know that I'm not the same anymore."

"I think you're just speaking nonsense from the loss of blood." He looks me up and down, probably trying to figure out where the blood is coming from. "You going back to Avonlea?"

"Tickets are all sold out."

"Ah, too bad."

"On board!" A man yells over the crowd.

"Come on. I'll help you." He gives me a hand.

"No!" I tell him. He chuckles.

"Stop being so stubborn and accept the help." He grabs my arm and yanks me off the ground.

"No! Let go of me." His hands on me give me flashbacks. My breath hitches. What if he does it again?

"Take the dress off for me, princess."

A tear runs down my cheek, but I don't protest. Neither do I take off my dress. I stand there with my eyes on the floor of the storage room.

"Or I can do it for you." He comes closer to me and I feel my heart almost jump out of  my chest. " Don't be so upset, my love." He wipes the tear strolling down my face, uncomfortably. "You'll love every second of what we're about to do." I hear him, lowly whispering into my ear as his hands find the back of my dress, untying it. My skin gets sore by the harshness of his mouth sucking on my neck. My feet are stiff on the ground. I'm too afraid to move at all. 

"Stop!" I make him stop pulling on me. 

"Florence, I'm just trying to help."

"I don't want your goddamn help!" I shout at him. 

"Fine." He turns back to the train and starts heading for the entrance. He can leave, I don't need his help. I don't need anyone's help. I could survive perfectly on my own if I weren't bleeding on the side of the train tracks.

fuck.

"Wait!" I yell out before I even notice that I've begun to speak. "Just... wait..." He turns around with a smirk plastered on his face. 

"I suppose you do want my help after all?"

"I don't want your help." I speak truthfully. "But, I do need it." The truth is clear. If I don't get his help, than I will lay here until I bleed out. It does scare me, yes. The fact that I'm asking him for help after what he's done, does scare me, indeed. But, I'm gonna have to get out of here one way or another. And right now, I can only see one way.

AN: Thanks to @ Ilovebaji1 for the inspo. You're a bitch❤🖕🏾