Never Again

Flora's POV.

Gilbert did as he was told when I told him not to wake me up early in the morning. But I'm not that lucky. Guess why. Because I woke up early in the morning by myself to go puke out whatever was in my stomach. AT 5 AM!

I grab my toothbrush and brush my teeth well.

"Why are you awake?" I hear a whisper.

"Shhh. You're talking too loud." I hold my head in my hands as the headache gets worse by minute.

"I'm whispering." He says.

"Well, you're whispering too loud."

"I warned you." He comes closer, getting his own toothbrush.

"Shhhh! Stop yelling!" I walk out of the bathroom and lay back in bed. I'm never drinking again.

"No. Nuh-huh." He comes back and takes the covers from over my body.

"I'm cold." I whine into my pillow. I feel hands slither their way around my body, lifting me up from the comfortable bed.

"You're already awake. Come on. You need to eat something. Let's go eat." His voice is low but it rings through my ears like a trumpet. My back is pressed against him, my head feels heavy and I lean it back onto his shoulder.

"Fine. Just let me get dressed." He nods and sits on his bed. "Excuse me, Mr..." I look at him. "I'm getting dressed. Wait outside."

"Are- Are you serious? I've seen you nak-" He begins, but I cut him off.

"I don't care. Wait outside."

He sighs and walks outside. I put on a random dress and head out.

 I put on a random dress and head out

"Come on." I take his hand and he leans off the wall. We walk back to the bar and sit down on the same table that I was sitting at yesterday. I have small flashbacks of yesterday night. I'm never doing that again. Never again.

"You don't look too bad for a dipso." I hear the spanish accent coming out of Alejandro's mouth as he approaches us.

"Very funny." I glare at him.

"Here." He hands me a glass of water. "It'll make you feel better." He walks away, tending to a man who is asking for alcohol at 6 in the morning. Now, he is someone you can call a dipso.

***
*three days later.*

I'm hugging Alejandro one last time. It's okay. I'll see him again when we're on our way back.

"That's enough touching. We'll see you later, Alejandro."Says Gilbert. I get pulled away from the hug. Alejandro waves at me and that's the last I see of him before I turn around, walking out of the ship with Gilbert.

"Oh my god." I look around at the beautiful place. To our right is a beach filled with people working on getting coconuts and mangoes out of the trees.

"I know. It's crazy." We walk down the street and people seem to glance at us for a couple seconds. Do we seem out of place?

My eyes find a few kids playing in the dirt laughing. Precious. They look so young.

"Where are we going?" I ask as I gaze into little shops and watch people passing by.

I get no answer. I turn to Gilbert and his eyes are trained on me already.

"What?" I ask him. He only shakes his head laughing.

"You're just beautiful." He tells me. My heart speeds.

"I wasn't so beautiful puking my soul into the toilet bowl yesterday."

He laughs at my bad attempt at making a joke.

"No, you were still beautiful, just having a hard time." He pulls me into his side, throwing his arm over my shoulders.

"You can be really sweet sometimes." I tell him.

"What? I'm always sweet."

"N- uhhh..."

"Hey!"

"I'm joking! Relax." I kiss his cheek.

"Okay, I think we're here." He says as we stand in front of a big building.

"Ooh, it's pretty. I want to go inside. Come on." I pull on his sleeve and walk into the hotel. It is honestly very fancy. I've never been in a real hotel before. Only my mom. She worked at one for 3 years before becoming a nurse and spent the rest of her 17 years doing that. She really enjoyed it. My father was a lawyer of 6 years in America and only came to visit us once a month. He would stay for a week and then go back to America and we had to wait three weeks to see him again. They both died at the age of 39.

"Name?" A beautiful young woman behind a desk asks us as we approach her. She looks at Gilbert in a way that makes me want to punch her guts out.

"Gilbert Blythe." He says.

She writes it down on a piece of paper  and looks at me.

"And you?" She asks in a cold monotone voice.

"Florence Blythe." Gilbert speaks instead. I think my heart is jumping out of my mouth. That name sounds so good coming out of his mouth.

"Married, huh? You look 12." The woman looks at me. Okay rude.

"You look 80." I get my revenge. Her eyebrows go up as she looks at me annoyed. She throws the keys at me, giving out a fake smile.

"How many nights?" She asks Gilbert.

"Three." I tell her instead.

She tells us the bill amount and we pay. She continues glaring at me as she puts the money in a cash register.

"Enjoy your stay."

"Thanks, Cunt." I walk away from the register and walk up the stairs. Who does she think she is?! I look down at the key chain.

'45' is carved on it. I reach the top of the second floor. 20 - 29.

I reach the third floor. 30 - 39.

I reach the fourth floor. 40 - 49.

Finally.

Out of breath, I get the keys and insert them into the lock. I open the door and walk in, sitting on the bed as I put my suitcase down.

The door opens again and Gilbert walks in, putting his stuff down and looking at me.

"That was a bit dramatic." He says smiling.

"I don't like her."

"When do you ever like anyone?"

"Shut up." I whine, but laugh at his accuracy.

"Just come over here and make out with your husband, Mrs. Blythe." His arms rise open and I walk into them, my lips kissing his.