Chapter 23

Y/n's POV:

I scratch my arm as Five and I follow behind Luther and our Adult selves. Turns out Five was right, they do wanna kill us. I read Adult Five's mind and found out all about their little plan. They wanna kill us, jump back to 2019 with Luther and make peace with Vanya. But Luther is too much of an idiot to understand that when he gets to 2019 with them there will be one too many Luthers, so they will kill him. I look around at all the people staring at Five and I. I look down and see a little boy looking at us.

"What are you looking at," I yell at a little boy.

"See something funny," Five yells.

The boy starts crying and runs to his mom. Five grabs my hand we continue to follow behind Luther and our Adult selves. I can hear the couple walk behind us whispering about Five and my behavior. I turn around and look at them.

"Mind your business! Or I'll give you something to stare at," I yell at them as I scratch my head.

They stare at us for a minute and then start walking the other way. Five starts scratching his leg and arms. A guy walks past us while laughing and staring at us.

"Hey! You wish you could pull off these shorts," Five yells at him.

I look at my Adult self to see her talk to Luther. I then hear Five starting to yell again.

"Hey! Stop staring at her like that! She's my girl," Five yells.

Five grabs me by my waist and smashes his lips on mine as he flips off a boy who I guess was staring at me. Five pulls away and wraps his arm around my waist. We continue walking as Luther comes up to us.

"Hey, brother. Hey little Sis. How you doing," Luther asks with a nervous smile.

"They're gonna kill us, aren't they," Five asks as we walk down some stairs

"What? What, them? They're gonna kill you? Yeah, right. That's ridiculous," Luther says with a nervous chuckle.

"You know, you're a terrible liar, Luther. I already read their minds. We already know your alls plan," I say.

"You're a worse liar than you are a spotter," Five tells Luther.

"Okay, who's fault is that? What good is having a spotter if you won't even listen to them," Luther asks.

"So you admit you're conspiring against us?"

"Do... Do you admit that you're suffering from paradox psychosis?"

"All I'm suffering from is bracing clarity about you and your murderous intentions," I say as I scratch my chest.

"Look, it's not like they are gonna "kill you" kill you. They just want to kill a, um... version of you two."

Five and I stare at Luther in disbelief as he walks away. We step off the last step and run towards Luther.

"But I am that version of me! And Y/n is that version of her," Five says as he points to me.

"Hey, I don't love it, either, but they actually got a pretty good plan," Luther says.

"What? The one where you guys off us and then jump to 2019 to save the world?"

Five starts messing around with his clothes and scratching his head. I look down at my skin to see scratch marks from where I have been scratching myself. I couldn't help it, I'm so itchy.

"Yeah, wait, how did you know that?"

"As I said, I read their minds," I say.

"And because we are them, and that is exactly what we would do if we were trying to kill us!