Chapter 12 / Coincidence

TW:

cursing

~sapnap's perspective~

Everything happened in a flash.

My thumb dropped onto the send button as my phone dropped to the ground.

The first officer's hand reached for the door handle as I heard Karl's phone ding.

"WAIT-"

I was cut off by loud banging noises outside. Everyone else seemed confused as I was when everyone's head turned to the sound of radios latched onto the police uniform.

The officer with his hand on the door handle let go and reached for his walkie talkie. He held it up to his ear and listened.

"-bzzz- Back up for hybrids in unit 78 -bzzz-"

The officers rushed out of the apartment baton in hand while I stood in cold sweat. Karl reached for his phone and it took a second to realize what would've happened if the officers weren't interrupted.

He looked up at me, mouth shut closed and eyes wide open. He walked over to the door and peaked his head inside. I followed as well.

~third person perspective~

Dream laid in an awkward angle (dog), trying to cover the boy with cat ears and tail behind him. When he noticed the familiar faces he relaxed back down and held George (both human).

He sighed in relief, "What happened?"

Karl rested his side on the door frame.

"I don't know, they left after getting a call about hybrids. But I'm confused, aren't you guys the ones they're looking for?"

They could hear yells from what seemed like the neighbor in front. Sapnap and Karl rushed out while Dream carefully slipped out as well.

A police man was being rolled out in a stretcher. He was covered in blood, passed out. Other officers followed also dowsed in blood guided by nurses.

What happened?

Coincidentally, their questions were solved next.

A large blond male was being tackled. Transforming into a huge gold Labrador, the three guessed he was an inu like Dream. Definitely a older alpha seeing his size.

He snapped and attacked anyone in his way, as five men struggled to hold him down. They tied his legs together as one of the men injected some fluid into the hybrid's hind leg. Most likely tranquilizer seeing how the hound went limp in a matter of seconds. They strapped a metal leather muzzle on, connecting more leather straps onto his torso, and three men started dragging him towards the elevator. As they left, the boys spotted large amounts of blood trailing behind.

Their eyes focused back towards the room. More men dragged a crate which shook with every pull. It was covered in a blanket that rested on top. But within the covers, they caught a glimpse of a lynx sized cat wrapped in a tight ball. Hissing wide, baring its fangs. The feline had a metal collar that connected to his snout that seemed way too tight, almost imbedded into his skin. Thick ropes strapped him to the floor of the crate. It too was also covered in blood, but not in the way like the officers. So he must've been the main attacker.

Sapnap, Karl, and Dream watched the men slowly leave one by one until nobody was out and they were left with a silent hallway. They headed back in.

"What kind of fucking coincident is that?"
Dream finally spoke, in a low voice knowing George was most likely still asleep.

The other two just shrugged their shoulders.

"Never would've expected that to happen,"
Karl agreed.

They all turned their heads to the sound of soft pats growing that grew louder after the creak of a door. The cat rubbed against the three's leg, Dream being last. His tail swayed side to side. The blond squatted down and ran his hand down the back of the cat, which purred in delight.

Dream picked George up and they all headed for the couch. George making himself comfortable next to Dream, Sapnap reached for the remote. They were greeted with the usual news reporter that did most reports on any new news; and of course it was about the event that happened a few minutes prior.

"Officers have been brutally attacked by one of these vicious monsters from this exact apartment complex I am standing in front of. Hybrids have been reported to roam these areas and today, the sheriff's department has secured the safety of the people."

They scoffed in unison.

Safety? It's not like the hybrids were out to kill people.

"We have to be more careful," George shifted into his human form, still sprawled out on Dream's lap.

"We don't want to get caught."

(767 words)

hi
please make sure to tell me if I made any grammar or spelling mistakes, I wasn't able to read through clearly

thank you for reading and if you haven't already maybe vote? thank you :))