Chapter 8 / What.

TW:

cursing

A/N

hold.

🤨

🤨

🤨🤨

🤨🤨

i, in fact, did not expect over 100 reads but
here we are 😃

~third person perspective~

The four boys stood, frozen, staring at each other.
Sapnap, not removing his eyes from the other two strangers, awkwardly walked towards Karl, setting himself a bit behind but next to him. They flinched when the two others moved. The blond did the same to the brunet, standing behind him with his hands together in front of him. Failing to hide himself behind the short boy he ducked his head.

The brunet cleared his throat, hands stuck to his sides. "Um, we can uh, explain-"

"WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU?" Sapnap yelled stepping forward but quickly getting behind Karl again. If he had those ears the blond and brunet had, they would be pinned to his head.

The blond's 'ears' perked when he heard him yell. He furrowed his eyebrows and stepped up.

"Okay okay, let's not get hostile here," he slightly pleaded.

"On the couch, now," Karl demanded.

The blond and brunet scurried towards the couch, placing themselves next to each other, hands on their laps. Fingers tapped anxiously as they stared at Karl and Sapnap.

"Okay um, please don't report us," the brunet spoke up in a small voice.

The boys eyebrows furrowed. Report?

Karl questioned, "Report?"

It was the other duo's turn to furrow their eyebrows.

"I, uh, don't you see like, these?" The brunet confusingly asked back pointing to his ears on his head.

Realization hit. The ideas of ears and tails didn't click right away before but now they did.

They examined the hybrids, eyes traveling all over their bodies as the 'creatures' uncomfortably sat.

First hybrid was a tall blond male. Like pointed out from before, freckles danced on his face. Vivid green eyes stared holes into the floor. Soft wavy hair, ears, and a large fluffy tail were tucked. You could see sharp canine teeth whenever he talked. For a big build he seemed more timid and anxious than the small hybrid next to him.

The second hybrid was a shorter male, brunet. His ears were sharper up versus the blond's. His tail swayed from side to side next to him. He seemed for confident, or less anxious than the other. His eyebrows were furrowed as he stared back at Karl waiting for his next words. His back was straight, head held high. The biggest thing that stood out from him were his eyes. Those eyes, seemed so familiar.

Karl blinked quickly, "George?"

The brunet's ears perked up.

Sapnap continued, "Woah what? Wait Dream?"

The blond glanced at Sapnap, sucking his lips in as his hands curled into fists on his lap.

Nervously chuckling with a smile he replied, "heh, yes?"

___________________________________

"Okay so let me get this straight," Karl pushed his hands out as if he was stopping himself, smiling, "Dream ran from the hunters searching for your kind at 16, was caught by animal patrol, thrown into a shelter for 2 years, shoved in and out of foster homes for being aggressive, and now you're here?"

Dream answered back with a smile and a nod, ears perked up.

Karl turned his head to face George. "For you, you escaped also at the age of 16 with your family who you were then separated by when you got to the streets, then taken by some guy for profit, and then thrown out in the box for being a "bad cat"?"

George nodded, "Yup seems about right."

Sapnap added, "so you're both around 19 turning 20 soon, yes?"

Both hummed in response.

"Oh oh do you know what rank you are?" Karl piped.

"Woah what? What's a rank." Sapnap questioned.

George only narrowed his eyes in disapproval.
"Well if you actually paid attention to the news, hybrids have ranks. We have Alpha as our top, Beta as second, and Omega being the bottom of the tier. We get different abilities or talents depending on what rank we have, including the size of our animal form. Dream and I both don't know our rankings yet since we find out when we turn 20, which is.. hm very soon?" he smoothly explained.

"Ohh yeah pretty sure I fell asleep on those parts. Can't blame me though," Sapnap held his hands up.

He continued to defend himself, "I mean that part sounds boring but what about transforming?"

The blond excitingly shot up, "I can show you,"

He squatted to the ground, a knee and hand to support his weight. In a blink of an eye the original golden retriever Dream sat happily in front of the three. Amused, Sapnap and Karl turned to George who seemingly already changed to his cat form. He sat with a deadpan look as Sapnap and Dream played together. The two brunets stared, almost glared, at the immaturity of the two. George's ear flicked and tail swayed side to side as Karl sat with his arms crossed.

"Well what now then?"

(830 words)

damn it not even 1000 words man  😔

I MEAN WE FINALLY GOT TO THE MAIN PART THOUGH SO LIKE

thanks for reading :))

Update:
HOSL ON THIS STORY HAS OVER 900 READS?!?