Chapter 5 / Vet Visit

TW:

~3rd person perspective~

"Alright buddy, you just need to walk through this opening okay?" Karl tried coaxing the kitty inside the crate.

The feline just sat there staring. Karl let out a groan.

"Come on- just walk through it's so simple"

The kitty let out a meow still staring at him with a deadpanned look. Sapnap walking in the room caused them both to look up. He walked in with a bag of cat treats.

"Come here boy" Sapnap threw a piece of treat inside the crate. The cat, curious, slowly crept closer to the opening sniffing the air. Deciding 'why not' he happily trotted inside, Karl quickly locking the front.

"Alright then, let's head down." Karl got up from his squatting position holding the crate in his right hand. The two boys walked out of the bathroom to the front. They got out, a quick elevator trip, and into the car.

The day Karl brought in the feline, they went out to grab a few things. Some canned and dry cat food, toys, treats, bowls, simple care items. They decided to set a sudden late appointment at the veterinarian's office just in case the kitty had a microchip and get a look on the injuries. Their decision was either find the owner and give the cat back or keep him. Dream seemed to really enjoy his company, vise versa.

The office was only a few minutes away from Sapnap's apartment. They parked in front and headed inside. They checked in at the front office, walked inside a room, and waited for the doctor to come in. They didn't wait a long time when they heard the door open.

"Hello! I'm Doctor Puffy, nice to meet you both."

The women in a long white coat shook their hands. She was younger than expected. Long blonde hair down, hazel eyes, round glasses,

"Thank you for making time" Sapnap happily replied.

"My schedule was pretty loose so I was able to slip you guys in" Doctor Puffy smiled back.

She grabbed the chart on her desk left by a nurse.

"Alright! So who do we have here.." She knelt in front of the crate on the examine table. Opening the crate she was met with a loud meow.

"Isn't that adorable" Doctor Puffy exclaimed with wide eyes and a large smile. The cat walked out of the crate curious of his new surroundings.

He seemed to panic a bit, ears lowering back onto his head. But when he turned and saw the two boys, he calmed down.

"This would be?" Doctor Puffy questioned the two not letting her eyes leave the cat.

"Oh, we don't know for sure but we found him as a stray. No collar or anything to show." Karl answered.

"Well, who would leave such cat out on the streets. I've never seen such mixed breed, especially with heterochromia iridum." (Two different colored eyes)

"He was in a cardboard box in the alley way so I'm pretty sure he was left out on purpose." Sapnap added as well.

Doctor Puffy seemed to frown at the sight of the large gash, already healing itself, on the side of his neck.

"When did this happen?" She continued with her questions.

"He had the cut before we brought him in. It seemed dry enough to say he got it a few days before we found him. We tried helping the healing process with some rubbing alcohol and wrapping it." Karl explained.

"Thank goodness you found him and brought him in. The cut seems to be healing very well, almost done covering itself with skin. If you didn't bring him in he would have most likely gotten it infected."
Doctor Puffy thanked the two.

She went on with more questions, every now and then writing on her clipboard.

After the questioning and short examination, they got a summary of the kitty. Three year old male, mix breed of havana and tabby. He did have a microchip but when they contacted the owners, they were quick to say they left out the cat for a reason. Calling him a waste of their money and other harsh words. They named him a very unusual name for a cat. George. But at the same time, it seemed to fit the kitty.

They were given a few choices from Doctor Puffy. Either rescue George, foster him, or send him to the shelter.

Of course they chose to rescue him.

They thanked the front desk and Doctor Puffy as they scurried out. They stopped by a pet store on their way home, a cat tower, a few more toys to spoil their new pet, collar, leash, harness, etc. They chose blue to match his eyes. Speeding home, they discussed where they would set up his area.

"What about the room Dream's in right now?" Sapnap questioned Karl.

Karl let out a thinking hum, sorting the pros and cons in his head.

"Well, I think that's a fine choice. It's a pretty spaced out room so we can add one or two cat towers in. If he gets annoyed of the big man he can just stay up on the windowsill or tower. I think it should be fine as long as they get along." Karl answered.

They finally got to the complex, rushing in. Ran inside, set keys on the counter, and got to work.

Karl built the cat towers as Sapnap set out a few toys and bowls. Dream and George sat in the doorway staring at the two go on.

It was around 5 in the afternoon so they decided to have an early dinner.

____________________________________

I am not writing about them cooking and eating food I'm sorry 😀

Once they were filled to the fullest, the four boys plopped onto the couch.

"Oh my god I'm so full" Sapnap whined out.
He only received a low growl of agreement from Dream. They sat in silence for a long while, which seemed like forever to George. He stretched out his legs as he got up, heading towards a bag of treats on the coffee table top. He curled up his tail next to his side sitting down. He stared at his new owners trying to bring their attention towards what he wanted.

His attention was so focused on the two that he didn't know the large golden figure creeping towards him. With a final meow, Dream jumped up towards George, causing the scared feline to scream and jump off the counter. Now this caught the attention of the two boys.

"DREAM GET YOUR PAWS OFF THE DAMN COUNTER RIGHT NOW" Karl yelled out from behind.

The retriever immediately stepped backwards to get off but behold right on time George sprinted through.

Talk about perfect timing.

The shrieks of both of the animals echoed throughout the living. The two boys just watched chaos unfold itself.

Dream stepped on George's tail which caused a chain of reactions. George shrieks, George hisses while smacking Dream with his front paws, Dream cries out in pain, Dream sprints, George is scared by the sudden movement, George jumps on top of Dream.

The mayhem ends with Dream laying down on the floor, head in paws, as George sits in front of him ears sharp and angry, every now and then smacking Dream on the nose. Sapnap is the first to speak.

"Well um" he turns to Karl "Wanna walk down the street for ice cream?" He awkwardly asks scratching the back of his head after witnessing the two animals.

Answered with a hum they both lift each other off the couch and head out the door. With the small click! they exit the room.

(1281 words)

ay I think even though I don't have a good posting schedule, I'm writing more than usual each day. The ending was a filler to be honest, I have no ideas in my head. More to come tho. Thank you for reading this chapter :))