𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟞𝟺: 𝚃𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚝𝚘𝚛

"What?" Max gasped

"What?" Max gasped. "Why hasn't she said anything?"

The younger Quinn's intense stare kept Eleven's eyes locked on the photo in front of her. How had she not seen it? "Ralphie," Eleven whispered as the realization hit her. "She was with us when we found him. She was the one who turned Ralphie into a demodog."

"And Mark into whatever he was," Will added.

"I thought that was Malcolm," Dustin said, his eyebrow arched in confusion.

"No, look here," Mike pointed out, his finger pressing into the ink on the page. "Matter manipulation. She can turn things into other things."

"Do you think Steve knows?" Lucas asked.

Dustin crossed his arms and shook his head firmly. "No. He would have told us."

"Do you think she...works for Malcolm?" Max asked, the words struggling to fall from her lips. The group had grown to accept Quinn as one of their one so it was hard to think that she could have blindsided them like this; that she could have been lying to them and possibly even betraying them this whole time.

"It's possible..." Eleven answered. Her eyes scanned the page for any more information but nothing jumped out with a definitive answer. "But whether she is or she isn't, I don't think she's on our side."

"We need to let the others know," Will said, an underlying sense of urgency shaking his voice. "Especially Sarah."

"Do you remember her?" Mike asked, gently resting his hand on Eleven's shoulder.

The warm feeling on her shoulder was all it took to finally tear Eleven's gaze away from the book in front of her. She looked up at Mike as she answered, "No, I don't. But I didn't get to see many of the other subjects while I was there."

"Does anybody have any change?" Lucas asked. "There's a payphone out front. We need to get this information to the others right away."

The rest of their group patted their pockets but they all came up empty.

"The librarian's got to have a phone we can use," Dustin answered.

The group rushed towards the front desk, crowding around the unsuspecting librarian who was in the middle of stacking books onto a cart.