𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟽: 𝙰 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝚃𝚎𝚊𝚖 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

"Jesus, what were in those daiquiris?" Steve moaned as he climbed into the passenger seat of the green Honda Accord parked outside the bar

"I have a brain freeze," Eleven said, clutching her forehead with one hand while she used the other to open the back door. She pushed her way into the middle seat as Will took the seat on her right and Sarah took the seat on her left.

"You guys look like you had fun," Quinn said from the driver's seat, momentarily catching Sarah's eyes in the rearview mirror after everyone had settled.

"Thanks for the ride, hon," Steve said, flashing Quinn an apologetic smile as he clicked his seat belt into place. "And for holding down the fort at the office."

"No problem," Quinn replied, returning the smile before leaning over to kiss Steve on the cheek.

Sarah felt her face flush red and she immediately turned to look out the window.

"Are you sure Robin is okay with you leaving your car here?" Quinn asked. "And do the rest of your friends have a safe ride home?"

Steve waved his hand to signify his answer to her questions before collapsing against the dashboard.

"Mrs. Wheeler is coming to pick up Mike, Dustin, Lucas, and Max," Will answered Quinn.

After everybody was buckled, Quinn pulled out of the Silver Cat parking lot and began the drive  to the Byers/Hopper household. The ride was mostly silent, up until Quinn's car came within a few blocks of their destination and Steve's head shot up from the dashboard.

"Take a right!" Steve shouted, startling Quinn and everybody else in the car.

Sarah, Eleven, and Will all toppled against each other in the backseat as Quinn jerked the steering wheel to the right.

"But our house is back that way," Sarah pointed out after she pulled herself up from Eleven's lap.

"I know," Steve replied. He glanced up at the rearview mirror and caught Sarah's eyes. With a smile, he said, "I want to show you something."