𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟷: 𝙰𝚗𝚜𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚜

As the darkness continued to press down upon the cabin, Sarah's first thought was to call the Byers' house to check to see that everyone else was okay

As the darkness continued to press down upon the cabin, Sarah's first thought was to call the Byers' house to check to see that everyone else was okay. The tinny ringing from the other end echoed in her ear as she anxiously twirled the phone cord in her fingers. Pick up, pick up, pick up, she silently urged in her head. On the seventh ring, she finally heard a voice.

"Hello?" Eleven's voice answered from the other end.

"Thank God." Sarah breathed a sigh of relief. "Are you guys okay?"

"Yeah..." Eleven answered slowly. "Why wouldn't we be? Did something happen?"

Surprised, Sarah pulled the phone away from her ear for a split second to double-check that what she was seeing out the window was correct. She confirmed that there was still darkness, ash, and fog before returning to the conversation.

"You don't see the Upside Down out your window?" Sarah asked in confusion.

"No...It's cloudy out, but it looks pretty normal to me..." Eleven replied, her voice equally confused.

"Who's all with you?" Sarah asked next, skipping past the thousands of questions that she had about the Upside Down. There were clearly some things that she needed to figure out.

"Your mom left, but Will is here, and Joyce just got home."

"Just, keep everybody there..." Sarah informed Eleven. "I've got some other calls I need to make."

Sarah waited for Eleven to signify her understanding before hanging up. Her hand hovered over the keypad as she tried to summon the next number she was going to call, but she quickly realized that she didn't know it.

"Does anybody know the number for Steve's office?" Sarah asked, turning to Hopper, Adam, Jonathan, Nancy, and Barb.

When everybody shook their head no, Sarah silently cursed under her breath.

"Wait, I think I might have one of his cards in a kitchen drawer or something," Hopper mentioned, heading for the kitchen to begin his search. After turning out three drawers, he finally found what he was looking for.