𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝚁𝚎𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚗

One's eyelid twitched open as a beam of sunshine cut through the curtain and warmed her face

One's eyelid twitched open as a beam of sunshine cut through the curtain and warmed her face. With a stretch that started from her head and shimmied all the way down to her toes, One was awake and sitting upright. She gave herself a small heart attack when her eyes were met with an unfamiliar space, but then she remembered what had happened in the last 24 hours.

After arriving in the Diagonal, or Helia, Diane had showed One to a luxurious room in the golden skyscraper that she called her home and allowed her to get some much-needed rest. One had hit the crimson comforter that puffed up beneath her like a cloud and immediately crashed. She wasn't sure if the bed was just that comfy, or if she was just that tired, but she had slept for seventeen hours. Fighting off a giant monster and destroying an entire dimension could do that to a girl.

One pushed her legs over the edge of the bed and let her toes dangle above the floor. She glanced around the room once before pushing herself to her feet and found herself in awe. She had been too tired to really notice the room when her mother had brought her to it the day before, but now that she was wide awake, she was stunned.

She felt like a princess in a palace. The room was nearly the size of Hopper's entire cabin, with crimson walls that matched the color of the comforter she was sitting on top of. When One squinted her eyes, she could make out purple vines with leaves and flowers striping the walls. Gorgeous painted landscapes of fairytale places hung scattered across the room in golden frames that ranged from the size of a book to the size of a door.

A large wardrobe faced her on the opposite side of the room, and a mirror that nearly took up the entire wall sat beside it. One pushed herself off the four-poster bed that was draped in golden curtains and walked across the tiled flooring that splattered across the room in intricate floral patterns.

One stood before the mirror and took in the mess that was her reflection. Her blonde hair was matted with patches of dried blood, making it look like she had dyed her whole head to match her red tips. Her clothes were slashed to shatters, exposing her bruised skin beneath. One immediately shrugged off James' leather jacket the second she realized that she was still wearing it and threw it across the room.