𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟻: 𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚕 𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚖𝚊𝚗

"Shit," Sarah said after the information about the possibility of another Upside Down settled in

"Shit," Sarah said after the information about the possibility of another Upside Down settled in. Destroying the first one had already taken everything out of her and then some, how would she destroy another? As she was contemplating this, a new thought struck her. "Well, I guess that explains the demogorgon."

"The demogorgon?" Diane asked, confusion furrowing her brows.

Diane's confusion perplexed Sarah. If Diane could see the outcomes of Sarah's actions that meant that she already knew that Sarah would face off against the demogorgon. Was it something to do with the foggy visions she had mentioned?

"Steve and I came across a demogorgon earlier tonight," Sarah explained, pushing aside her concerns about her mother's abilities for the moment. If what Diane said was true, she had bigger things to worry about.

"Steve, huh?" Diane asked next, her brows raising and her lips turning up in a small smile.

Sarah shot Diane a knowing look before responding, "It wasn't a date. He's engaged."

Diane's smile immediately fell and she reached out to place a hand on Sarah's arm. "I'm sorry," Diane said in an attempt to comfort Sarah.

Sarah looked into Diane's eyes for a brief second before looking to the ground but her eyes were pulled back by something she had initially missed. There seemed to be a disconnect between the look in Diane's eyes and the frown on her face; they didn't match.

"There's still something you're not telling me," Sarah said slowly as a scowl overcame her face. She pushed herself away from Diane until she was sitting at the opposite end of the bed.

"I--" Diane began when Sarah cut her off.

"No, this is just like you!" Sarah snapped, abruptly standing from the bed as she felt a familiar rage begin to boil in her chest. She paced in front of Diane, waving her arms in the air angrily as she continued to shout. "You tell me just enough to keep me satisfied, to keep me ignorant of the real truth! What aren't you telling me? What's going to happen?"

"Like I said, my visions have been foggier lately. I can't see the coming events as clearly--" Diane tried to explain but Sarah waved her answer aside with a shake of her head and a roll of her eyes.