𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟼: 𝚂𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚠𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚢 𝙳𝚊𝚒𝚚𝚞𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚜

"I'm still not sure how I feel about this," Sarah said to Diane as she watched the party once more congregate within the Byers' living room

"I'm still not sure how I feel about this," Sarah said to Diane as she watched the party once more congregate within the Byers' living room. She caught Steve's eyes when he entered and he flashed her a smile, but she quickly looked away. A pang shocked her heart as the memory of what her mother had said to her about Steve resurfaced in her mind. "I don't want to put anyone in danger."

"In order to succeed, you'll need them," Diane informed her, resting a hand on Sarah's shoulder and giving her a comforting smile.

Sarah pressed her mouth shut, deciding not to respond. As much as she hated to, she had to trust that her mom was right.

"Looks like that's everybody," Hopper said, joining Sarah and Diane at Sarah's side. He cast an uneasy glance towards Diane but didn't say a word. He still wasn't happy with her being there, but if Sarah said they needed her, then he'd have to suck it up and deal with the conflicting emotions stirring within him. For his daughter.

Sarah watched Jonathan and Nancy shuffle in last with little Barb sound asleep in Jonathan's arms and slowly made her way to the front of the room. All glances gravitated towards her and she began to bounce on uneasy feet. She hated the feeling of having everyone's eyes on her, especially with the coming conversation they were about to have.

Taking a deep breath, Sarah began. "Sorry to call you all back here again so suddenly. I know you all have lives to get back to soon but there's something I need to ask of you..."

Sarah paused to survey the faces of her friends and family. They had already risked so much for her in the past and now she was standing before them, about to ask them to risk it all again. But she had to, for Steve.

"I need your help," Sarah said with a defeated sigh. "And I hate to ask this of you after all you guys have done for me...but I can't do it alone."

"Whatever it is, we're in," Nancy said determinedly, generating a look of surprise from everyone in the room. Especially Jonathan.

"Nance, what about Barb?" Jonathan asked quietly, although the sudden silence made his voice audible to everyone in the room.

"My parents or Holly can watch her," Nancy retorted.