51. The family dinner

Start from the beginning

"Best friends..." Divya scoffed.

"She is not my best friend anymore. I break my friendship with her on the same day when her family raised their fingers on your character, talked shit about me and our family." She pointed her finger to me.

"It wasn't her fault." Dhruv glared at her. I don't know if I should talk in between but I have to stop Dhruv. I don't want that brother and sister fight over me and ruin their relationship.

"Dhruv please don't.....Divya I am so sorry for everything..Ple..... "

"You stay out of it. It's our family matter." Divya point her finger towards me and looked at me with completely hate.

"Do not talk to her like that. Apologise now...." Dhruv speak every single word with dangerously calm.

"What if I.."

"Enough....." Every one turns to Gautam uncle who was now glaring at both Divya and Dhruv.

"You both stop fighting like a kids....and you Divya, it's okay if you are not friend with Aditi but you don't have any right to disrespect the guest. I won't tolerate this behaviour of yours next time." Gautam uncle said while looking at angrily to Divya.

"You Dhruv.. should not fight with your little sister like this over an outsider. This is the last time you talked to her like this." Anuradha aunty said while looking at Dhruv.

Divya looking at me furiously with angry tears while Dhruv was clenching his fists to control his anger when aunty called me an outsider. Divya thow the spoon on her plate angrily and leave from from there angrily.

"Thankyou for the dinner. Aditi I am waiting for you in car." Dhruv said while wiping his mouth with paper napkin.

He got up and leave from there. I sit there with tears in my eyes.
Nikita bhabhi and Nikhil bhaiya was looking at me with sympathy, Gautam uncle looked disappointed while Anuradha aunty had no expressions on her face but I can see the hatred towards me.

I slowly got up from my chair and walked towards the main gate. I again messed up something. Again priven that I am a bad omen for every one. No one ever in my life fight for me but my love, my Dhruv fight for me. He took my side but he has to stood against his family. I don't want that.

Divya always treated like a princess by her family since her childhood. Every one gave her love. She is the life of her brothers. But today one of her brother raised his voice on her because of an outsider and I am sure it must be first time he had done that.

I step into a empty corridor which leads to the driway.

"Aditi..."

I stopped and turn when I heard my name being called. Anuradha aunty was standing infront of me folding her hands on her chest.

I walked to her. The light in that area was dim, but it was illuminating enough to see the person. My heart was beating faster because this is the first time in night she called me. I stoot in front of her timidly, bending my head down.

"When you were friend of Divya, I used to love you until your family insulted my family on Diwali night. Though it wasn't your fault but still you are the part of your family." I raised my head and looked on her. She has no expressions on her face and she was looking at me emotionlessly.

I wanted to tell her that I am no more part of that family. My family abandoned me years ago and I also hate them as much as she doesbut I choose to keep quiet.

"Today something happened which never happen in years. Dhruv shout on Divya just because of you. You always bring bad omen with you. I suggest you to stay away from my son. I don't want you to ever step inside my house. I hope you understand me."