Chapter 14:~News of Execution~

Elladan woke up next day to the morning sun that shone through the window and the doors to the balcony. He placed his hand on Elora's side of the bed but realised it was empty. He was alone. He slowly sat up in the bed to see if she was making herself ready, but there was no sign of his wife.
He quickly got out of the bed. What if something had happened to her? No, he would have been told already if something had happened. He feared that his wife had met the same fate as his mother and that she would leave him already. Or worse, that she had met the same fate as hers and Legolas mother Shalendra.
He quickly cleaned himself up and got dressed and hurried out of their chambers.
"Good morning, my Lord," A servant on their way to their room greeted. "Good morning," Elladan replied quickly. "My Lord?," The servant asked as she heard her King's worried voice, but Elladan was already far away from her.

In the dining hall, everyone sat and ate breakfast when Elladan came storming into the hall. "Good morning, ion nín," Elrond smiled. "Where's Elora?," Elladan asked. Everyone was surprised by his question. "Elora is on a meeting with the royal council," Emersion answered the worried new crowned elven King's question, "She told me she needed to go alone. She didn't want to worry you," And Elladan sighed and sat down. "Well, just was she did was worrying me. I thought something might had happened to her," And Emersion smiled, "Well, now you know she's alright and you don't have to worry,"
And suddenly, they heard Elora's voice. Elora entered the hall and sat down on her place at the right edge of the table beside Elladan and sighed in frustration.
"Elora?," Elladan asked gently, placing his hand on hers. "Elora, what happened? I guess it didn't go so well," Emersion said. Elora sighed, "I don't want to consider it but they're not gonna stop," "Consider what, iellig?," Thranduil asked worriedly. And Elora sighed, "The council still thinks Livia as a threat even though she's in prison, locked up with no magic. The council has agreed that they shall execute her. She's no threat to me anymore. I want to help her. I can't consider killing her. But they're not going to stop until they get what they want," And Galadriel sighed, "Elora, you must not kill her. She fell into Aldon's evil plans. She can still become the girl she was all those years ago," And Elora sighed, "The Light Elves has always tried to make peace with their enemies and it has always ended with bloodshed. I don't want my children to endure the same fate as one of The second generation of Light elves did. I don't want they to be killed like Pharom," And Elladan sighed. Elora sighed, "I'll hope I don't have to kill her,"

Later that day, Elora sat in the great hall alone, a council member entered the hall. "Your Majesty, these are strict orders from the council about Livia's execution. All it needs is your signature and the name of one of your ancestors of The Light Elves," And he placed the death warrant in front of her and a feather pen.
The council member stood at his Queen's side, waiting for her to sign.
Elora looked down at the death warrant and read the signatures silently for herself.

Regents signature:

Ancestors name:

Elora swallowed and grabbed the feather pen and remembered her and Livia's first meeting.

"Elora," Elora introduced herself. Livia smiled and looked up at her. "I'm Livia, Livia Ice,"

Elora swallowed before hearing The Valar's voices in her head. 'Sign, our child. It will best for both you and Livia,' Elora heard Aranel's voice in her head. The Light elves... Must always prevail! Everything else... Everything that we sacrificed!,'
She then wrote down Aranel The Magnificent on ancestors name.
The council member smiled and took the death warrant into his hands. "Aranel The Magnificent. What a surprising choice, My Queen. Livia is going to executed in two days, Your Majesty. Have a good night," And he left the hall.
Elora swallowed and breathed out in regret as she held back her tears, "What have I done?," She asked silently.