"New Reasons!"

**Alex's POV**

Sh*t! I can't believe my parents are here, like wtf? Let me tell you about my parents. My parents are Rev. Patrick Smith and Elizabeth Ngcobo Smith. My father is a pastor and also a business man. He is a well known man in our community and very well respected. And my mother on the other hand is the mother everyone wishes they had. They both put up this act about how they care about everyone meanwhile they can't even respect their employees, my mom hates the women and youth empowering projects cause she says she hates how weak and pathetic some people can be and my dad on the other hand hates how everyone be asking for prayers, he always says "If God truly cared about you, you wouldn't be this useless so stop wasting people's time." I sometimes look at them and wonder how they can call themselves Christians and still treat people this shitty. 

My relationship with my parents was good when Tracey was still alive. Tracey was my older sister, she was 3 years older than me. Tracey and I were very close, did everything together. One day, 4 years ago my parents were out of town in a "church conference" and Tracey had her best friend(Thando) over for the night and Thando was also her girlfriend and i knew that of course but my parents didn't as they were against homosexuals. So that particular night Thando and Tracey were hanging out together watching movies and all that. I was in my room alone being a 'nerd' so my sister would say. My parents came back a little earlier than expected, they walked in on them kissing on the couch. My dad lost it and grabbed Tracey very violently while my mom chased Thando away. I heard screams coming from the living room and quickly went down to check, I saw my sister on the floor while my father whipped the "demon" out of her, so he would justify it. I tried to stop them but they told me that i know nothing and i should stop meddling. 

That night my sister went to bed all covered in blood, hungry and in pain. In the middle of the night, i heard someone enter my room and "Ntandokazi(favorite)" I heard my sister call me. I woke up and looked over at her, she came and sat next to my bed and grunted in pain. I didn't like seeing her like that, it broke my heart. "I'm sorry, i didn't mean to wake you up Ntandokazi yam, she continued saying, "but i wanted to say good bye. I am leaving and i don't think i will ever come back. I don't blame Ma and Papa for what they did and don't ever think i left because i hated you, just know that i love you so much and forever will. And remember to be yourself, don't let anyone dictate how you must live but all in all do it to honor God." She says as she starts sobbing. "I love you Ntandokazi yam." She finished and stood up. I quickly grabbed her arm and hugged her too while saying " I love you too Sisi wami(My sister)." The next morning i was woken up by a loud scream at exactly 06:00 am, on the 3 of June 2015. I quickly rushed out of bed and into the hallway where i followed the screams and they landed me in my sister's bathroom where i was met with her body in a bathtub, filled with water and her blood. I felt my chest burn up, my legs, my hands...my whole body was numb. I couldn't believe it. I thought she was saying good bye because she was leaving like eloping with Thando or something but not taking her own life.

I hated my parents, i hated everyone and i hated myself for not understanding that she needed help. I saw my parents play the victims at her funeral and that pissed me off and Thando...she was so devastated that she ended up moving. From that accident my parents and I became distant, hardly spoke and hardly saw each other. My father used to say i was a spiting image of my sister. We never speak of her and that's when my parents started travelling a lot.