38 ⊷ Samoyed

[double update my lovely people! chapter 38 & 39 were uploaded at the same time!]

glasses Haechan is really something else

38

In front of Ji-yoon's house stood more cars than usual. However, amongst them was only one that Haechan wasn't familiar with. It had him guessing whom it could possibly belong to. And while a name quickly popped up, he dismissed it again right away. 

Just because he didn't want his guess to be correct. 

So ignoring it, he walked over to the front door. He rang the doorbell, then shoved his hands in his jacket's pockets and buried his chin in his scarf. It was cold today, so the few seconds he waited for someone to open the door felt like an eternity. 

An eternity that he wished would have ended by seeing a friendly face. A smile. Someone he trusted. But instead he got-

"Agent Lee," Changbin greeted politely, then stepped back and opened the door wider so Haechan could enter. "Good to see you." 

"I can't say the same about you," Haechan mumbled as he stepped inside. 

From the living room came lively chatter and there was shuffling in one of the other rooms further down the corridor. After taking off his shoes, scarf and jacket, Haechan offered Changbin another wary look before laying his eyes on the entrance to the living room. 

"Ji-yoon?" Haechan asked loudly into the space ahead while Changbin raised a brow, sceptically observing the younger one. 

"Sunshine!" she called back right away from one of the rooms further down. Her quick reply and chirpy voice made Haechan smile. "I will be right there! Greet the others first!" 

As ordered, he made his way into the living room where, finally, he was greeted with the friendly faces he had wanted to see. 

"Haechan, great!" Jeno said gratefully. "Jaemin refuses to tell me if you caught the fake doctor or not, which I think is unfair since it was me he tried to kill and not you guys--" 

"Me too," Shotaro noted on the side despite not really keeping much attention to their conversation as he was busy watching a random, below-average mid-morning soap opera on TV.  

"My bad," Jeno apologized, genuinely sorry to have left out the younger one. 

"What?" Shotaro asked.

"Someone is going to try to kill us?" Jeno repeated the girl's words. "And you want us... to just... let them?"

Ji-yoon nodded. "Exactly."

Jeno frowned. "That's a weird request, even for you." 

"I'm down," Shotaro agreed. "Sounds exciting." 

Frown deepening, drawing thick lines on his forehead, the oldest in the room looked at Shotaro. 
"Having her as your superior must have seriously messed up your judgement." 

The boy smiled proudly. "She's a cool boss." A compliment that Ji-yoon quickly accepted while Jeno was unsure whether he could agree with him on that or not. 

Either way, since the girl didn't seem like she was going to explain this any further despite Jeno's doubts still standing strong and tall, Haechan decided to give them a quick overview of the plan.