5 ⊷ Suspicious

5

When the murders first happened, the police began investigating LTM right away. The possibility of someone else being responsible was there, however, no one really cared enough to look further into it.

Or maybe they just didn't want to. 

And Chenle, in preparation for the takeover of the case, had Jeno join LTM as an intern. It wasn't hard to get him into the company and it wasn't hard to be a part of it either. After all, as Jeno said himself, 

"It's interesting, actually. Plus, I get free food and the people are nice too," he explained contently. He let himself fall back into the soft sofa cushions. 

Letting the day come to an end peacefully, the Dreamies were resting in the living room. Snacks on the coffee table, the TV playing. 

It was warm inside the rooms, though the windows were open. The air from outside was barely any cooler than the one inside. However, with the sun slowly setting, a cooling breeze managed to cut through the stale warmth. 

"Then what about Soo-yeon?" Haechan asked curiously. 

The name alone made Jeno sigh almost automatically. 
"Yeah, she's a bitch," he agreed. "But she's the only one. Plus, she's as good as gone anyway."

Jaemin, not being fully up to date with everything, couldn't help but wonder. He didn't quite understand what he meant. 

"Why?"

Actually, that was a good question - one that Jeno didn't have a clear answer to. It was just something he was sure about. 

"Ji-yoon said so," he explained weakly. 

Watching from the sidelines, Renjun was the first to point out how little sense that made. 

"Ji-yoon is a private investigator," he noted and even turned to Chenle for confirmation. 

On the left end of the sofa sat Jisung. He wore a focused and very tense expression as he stared down at his phone. He mumbled something, then threw his head back in frustration. 

He had lost to Chenle yet again. 

Chenle was sitting on the right end of the sofa. He was smiling to himself as he started a new round.  

Immersed in the game, his support to Renjun's claim was weak but not missing. 

"That's what Taemin said," he agreed absent-mindedly. 

Jeno looked at the younger one with curiosity. Thinking about it, he wasn't sure. 
"Maybe she has a license, I don't know," he said. 

Haechan watched closely. Alongside Renjun and Jaemin he struggled to understand just what exactly was going on. It felt like he was missing something and it bothered him. 

"Jeno?" he called him. 

"Hm?" 

"Who is Ji-yoon?" It was a simple question, of course. And one where his answer differed from Haechan's. 

However, for once, he had an easy time answering. "The head of HR." 

"She works at LTM?" Renjun inquired and Jeno quickly nodded. 

"She isn't there much these days apparently though," he explained. "But she introduced me to everyone on my first day, so I got to know her. She's really nice." 

The oldest of them couldn't help his reluctance to believe him. Starting off with a lie wasn't a good look. 

"I don't like this," he mumbled.