28 ⊷ Visits

I can't believe it's been over a year since he (and Taro) joined nct 

28

There was a hesitant knock on the tall wooden door. 

"Enter," a familiar voice spoke and so Sungchan pressed the door handle down and pushed into the office room that was filled with modern furniture and the early day's warm light. 

"COO Seo," the boy greeted the older one politely. "I brought the files that you asked for." 

Changbin only offered him a fleeting glimpse, a quick nod and then motioned for him to put the files down on his desk. Following wordlessly, he did as ordered. 

Just then, there was another knock on the door. This time, however, there was no invitation needed and no hesitation before he entered. Changbin merely glimpsed up at Felix who walked into the room hastily. 

"Hyung," Felix said as he rushed to his friend's desk. He showed Sungchan a small smile whereas the boy only bowed his head politely in return before turning around and slowly leaving the room. "They haven't seen them either. No one has heard from them since last night." 

"What?" Changbin asked, sitting up straight in shock. "Then what about the two boys?" 

"They are in the hospital," Felix said, just as Sungchan reached to close the door. He looked up at the two older ones, his sweet brown doe eyes barely attracting any attention.

Sungchan was no one worth worrying about after all. 

Frowning, Changbin got up. "How? Did someone betray us?" 

Felix shook his head. "You chose the men yourself, how could that be?" 

And that was when Sungchan closed the door. He would have liked to stay and listen longer but he couldn't. Instead, he decided to wait a little longer in front of it. 

"I sent someone to take a look," Felix said. "He said there were bullets and blood but the bodies were gone. He also said..."

His hesitation was worrisome - not for Sungchan though. He didn't care much. He was just curious. 

"He also said there was a lit grave candle there."  

Noise. Like a hand hitting the surface of a table. Lazy steps scraping over the ground. A heavy exhale. Simple things like these preceded an angry, 

"That lunatic again?" He paused, trying to collect himself. "If I get ahold of them, they are dead."

Sungchan smiled to himself upon hearing Changbin's anger. He took out his phone as he mumbled to himself, 

"That sounds like an invitation." 

[Miss Kim]

(10:21 a.m.)
It's Changbin

Ji-yoon sighed in comfort. The hot water of the shower filled the room with thick fog that somehow was not quite strong enough to hide the intense crimson that the water washed down the girl's body. 

There was a knock on the door that wasn't followed by even an attempt to wait for a 'you can enter' of any sort before it got opened.  

"Joon, do you want me to drive you to the hospital later?"

"No, it's fine. Thank you though." 

He hummed, stayed for a moment longer. "Are you sure? You were up all night, you must be tired."