34 ⊷ Forgotten

YOU ARE MY UNIVERSE

34

"Good news!" 

That was the first thing Haechan heard when he came back home. 

Unsurprisingly, despite it being late, none of the boys was asleep yet. Broken sleeping schedules were a similarity between the Dreamies that brought them closer together. Late-night ramen, sleepy discussions, occasional noise complaints from the neighbours when a friendly 2 am Mario Kart race got out of control - things like that. 

Haechan couldn't lie - he was desperate for any piece of good news he could get his hands on. Even just a slight glimmer of hope was enough. 

Anything, really. 

"What happened?" 

"A lot!" Jisung exclaimed in excitement as he pulled Haechan over to Renjun who was sitting at his desk, eyes on his computer screen. "What should we tell him first, hyung?" 

The oldest looked up at the youngest, unable to hold back a soft chuckle at his enthusiasm. He shrugged, just motioned him to start wherever he wanted to. 

"Okay, then, firstly," he began, "You probably already guessed so, but Jeno and Shotaro both agreed to testify against JYP following their kidnapping." 

"Jeno was obvious anyway. We just wanted to make sure Shotaro would cooperate," Chenle added. As Jisung mentioned, this wasn't much of a surprise. Still, it was good. 

"Which also means that we can get them security now so they aren't left in the hospital without protection," Renjun noted.  

Haechan nodded. "That's good to hear." 

"There is more!" Jisung said happily. "We finally know what JYP is working on right now!" Which left Haechan a little lost, since he didn't quite know what the youngest was talking about. 

Renjun quickly noticed that and decided to elaborate.
"Ji-yoon told you about it a while back - the secret project JYP's programmers are working on," he reminded him. "It's an app." 

Frowning, Haechan looked over the older one's shoulder, quickly spotting the article on his screen. 

JYP said to launch app to make using their buses easier - and cheaper!

"Why focus on that instead of the AI itself?" Haechan wondered. 

"Personally," Jaemin said, "I think if they are putting so much effort into a simple app they are probably hiding something." 

"Like the fact that their code is close to useless," Haechan noted. 

"About that..." Renjun turned around slightly and looked up at his friend. "They will give it a try soon to see how well it works. They are keeping it a secret - but mayor Kang will be there to see the results." 

"How do you know?" 

Renjun turned back to his computer and opened his emails. The first one on top of a long list of others was from Winwin. 

From: Dong Sicheng <dongsicheng@wayv.kr>
To: Huang Renjun <huangrenjun@dream.kr>
« We stumbled across this while looking into the situation with JYP and Kang. Joon said to let you know about it. Check the link, all the details are in there. Let me know if you need anything else. - Winwin »

"You know Winwin - he is liked by everyone. He even made friends with Mayor Kang. After some time, Kang started talking about the project and that they are having some difficulties. He said they would test everything in private as to not unnerve the public," Renjun explained.