20 ⊷ Bubble

hi welcome to wendy's, what can I get you today?

20

The first thing they did was hug. 

They looked as if it had been years since they last saw each other. While Haechan knew that wasn't the case, their behaviour almost had him fooled. 

"It's so good to see you," Jungwoo said in relief, pushed Ji-yoon away from him as he smiled at her. "You look like you are doing better." 

"I am," she assured. 

Happy to hear that, Jungwoo then lay his eyes on Haechan who was standing there beside them a little awkwardly. 

"Thanks for accompanying her," the older said. "How are you?" 

"Good." Haechan smiled, relaxed a little now that Jungwoo had officially acknowledged his presence as well. "You look exhausted though." 

"I am!" he whined. "I just got out of a meeting."

Haechan hummed, while Jungwoo sat down on the edge of his desk. He pushed the heels of his hands into his thighs.

Pleading eyes, an exhausted exhale. He looked at Ji-yoon in dispair. 

"Please handle the issue with Tuan soon," he asked of her. "I don't know what I am supposed to do. I can't have him interfere with my work again." 

"Don't worry," Ji-yoon reassured. "I will take care of it." 

Seeing how he asked Ji-yoon to help him was surprising in a way. Technically, Tuan was Jungwoo's colleague. So why rely on her?

"Are you going there alone?" Jungwoo asked. 

Ji-yoon nodded. "Ye--"

"I will go with her," Haechan said as if there was no reason to question it in the first place. An unspoken understanding. 

Ji-yoon turned to him. She was happy to hear that, yet also sceptical. Mark wouldn't be all too happy to see her bring someone with her. 

"Sure," she agreed regardless. "But you need to let me do the talking. He doesn't trust others easily, thus his lack of cooperation with Renjun and Jisung." 

Although Ji-yoon expected Haechan to be quite reluctant to be the one to hold back this time, he wasn't. Instead, he nodded almost right away. 

"That's fine. I will do as you say." He shrugged. "You did the same for me too." 

Smiling, overjoyed to hear that, Ji-yoon was already in awe at how rational Haechan could be when he really tried. She liked it when he was cold and bold but when he gave in... 

"Great." 

When he gave in she could see how sweet he really was. 

Sunshine, indeed. 

Jungwoo pulled at the girl's sleeve. Wordlessly, she came a step closer to him. Jungwoo glimpsed at Haechan briefly, then looked at the girl. 

"You can trust him, right?" he said lowly. 

Frowning, Ji-yoon looked at Haechan who looked visibly confused at the question.
"He is your friend too," she retorted. "Are you doubting him?" 

Jungwoo quickly shook his head. "If Tuan says anything..." 

But Ji-yoon dismissed it right away. She put her arm around Jungwoo's shoulders and came even closer. 

A little too close. Haechan frowned at them, moved a tiny step towards them, not taking his eyes off them.