3 ⊷ Office

Boom era was so- 😩

3

Quick steps on dry asphalt. Ji-yoon hurried behind the two boys.

"You guys have such long legs," she mumbled, causing Jisung to turn around in confusion. He didn't quite get what she was trying to say.

"Thanks?"

"Slow down," she then pleaded, sounding exhausted. "That's what I meant. Please slow down."

Lips pursed, an understanding oh floating past them, he started to walk a little slower. Haechan did the same, following the youngest's lead.

Jisung laughed awkwardly. "Sorry."

"No big deal," she said, a little exhausted. "I needed to exercise anyway."

"Don't follow us around if you can't keep up," Haechan grumbled despite already having adjusted his pace to the younger two's. He didn't bother looking at the girl that looked at him with an amused smirk.

Jisung looked back and forth between the two, hesitant to get himself involved. He didn't distrust Ji-yoon quite as much as Haechan did but he could understand his reluctance.

Her eyes sparkled eagerly, neatly reflecting the bright sunlight. The white of her blouse made up for the lack of white in the cloudless sky above them.

She took a deep breath. She felt good today.

Her eyes on the back of Haechan's head, she hummed disapprovingly.
"And miss the chance to spend more time with you?"

She bopped her head to the side to inspect his face. Haechan?

"Your name means full sun," she pointed out. "Then why are you so gloomy?"

"I'm not gloomy," he retorted.

"Well," she agreed half-heartedly. "Grumpy, at the very least."

He rolled his eyes. "I'm also not grumpy."

Which made her push out a soft ah~. She smiled, leaned forward a little more to get an even better glimpse of him.

"So that's your happy face then, hm?" she asked jokingly, making Jisung chuckle. 

"Focus on the task," Haechan ordered both of them. 

It sounded reasonable, so Ji-yoon was okay with that. However, there was a tiny problem because,

"You didn't want anyone to give me any information that you didn't approve of first. But you didn't approve of anything yet so I have no idea what we are doing or where we are going," she pointed out. "So I don't know what to focus on, exactly."

She beamed as she linked her fingers behind her back. 

"So I focused on you instead," she added happily.

Just wanting her to stop talking, Haechan rolled his eyes and sighed.

"We are going to LTM Electronics," he said as he gave in. "Yesterday's victim was an ex-employee of them. He is also their third ex-employee to die like this."

Ji-yoon nodded understandingly. "So we are suspecting them?"

"It's just a possibility."

"Do you have a motive in mind?" she questioned.

Too lazy to explain everything, he glimpsed at Jisung who was quick to understand his cue. Jisung stopped walking just for a moment so he could neatly fall in step with the girl next to him.