Bonus Chapter 2

Chapter Completion at 90% will be released later today

To use magic...

Canon Interaction

I stood along side Erza in an open field not to far from Magnolia as I could still see it in the distance. We were practicing using magic in hopes I could find what magic suited me best aside from the magic I already had. After some time of nothing really quite working Erza asked me a question. "Naofumi, how do you use magic?" "How I use magic? I usually just say the spell name or incantation." Erza shook her head. "No, I'm talking about how you use the mana you have." I placed my hand on my chin is I searched my memory for the first time I used magic.

"I don't really know, if anything I've always thought of magic as a third arm. Something I could use simply by moving said arm." Erza nodded at my explanation. "I see. Such a method would allow you to use magic though not to its fullest potential. Or maybe it allows you to use the shields magic to its full potential but not normal magic." It made sense. The shield on my arm seemed to give off a different aura then normal magic items. It might be something that allowed me to channel magic energy without knowing how to do so properly. "Then could you teach me Erza?" Erza nodded. "It would be my pleasure."

"When trying to use magic the key is in the heart." "The heart?" "Yes, It all starts with a heart that has faith. Try to think of it as being in the same magic group as religion, faith, healing or fortune telling. Only those with faith feel it, and that's why it can work miracles. Those with faith in the existence of magic; faith in their own power; and faith that they are living alongside nature..."