Chapter 6

I was just barely coming down from my high when we arrived at Yo Chunso's mansion. We walked right past all the guards and into the familiar large entry way. The smell of food drifted throughout the hallways driving my stomach crazy.

"Children hello!" Chunso's low voice boomed throughout the room. "Come on back I have a very nice meal planned for you."

We all pushed each other aside as if we were racing for a prize. His dining room was massive. Pillars going from floor to ceiling, a dining table that stranched long enough to sit about 30 people, and the entire ceiling was covered in a beautiful mural of angels and clouds. We took our places next to the head of the table and as soon as we all were seated the food began to be brought out.

There were steaks and pork and rice and just about anything you'd need for a good meal. Trying not to seem too savage we politely scooped the food onto our plates, mine almost half covered by kimchi. As soon as we were given the signal that it was okay to eat we began to shove our faces with the well made food.

"So I didn't just call you all in to eat a meal with me," He started, "As you know you're all some of my most trusted runners so it's only right to give this delivery to you." We all slowed our eating to listen closely. "We have 3 big orders to fulfill all in one night-"

"Only 3? That's easy!" Ji-hoon scoffed.

"It's not just the amount, it's also the place. One is here in Seoul, another in Incheon, and the last in Gimpo."

We froze. It's not uncommon for us to have to leave the city to deliver but we never go to Gimpo, that is Ton Dae-Hyun territory through and through. I mean he literally lives there.

"Isn't that a little dangerous?" Yujin spoke softly.

"Not to mention impossible? There's no way we can make it to all 3 in one night." Gun added.

"I see your concerns, I know it is dangerous but this one delivery will bring us so much money your cut will be 6 digits. I know you all can't do all 3 in one night so you'll have to split up into groups of 2." We all gasped. 6 digits? We barely make it to 4 digits in a night. We wouldn't even have to wait till I was 18 to leave. We'd be set.

But splitting up? The reason we were so good at what we do is because we did it together. Not to mention it makes us a harder target to hit. It'll be easier to get jumped if we split up.

"When is it?" I asked solemnly.

"Tonight." He stood up from his seat and began circling us like a shark. "I understand it's a lot to ask of you, but if you do this- and do it right- I'll let you go, no repercussion. Completely free to run off to wherever you kids have been planning to go all these years." He stopped and hovered behind his chair, waiting for our answer.

We all looked around at each other, saying nothing, just reading eachothers faces. We all knew the answer.

"We'll do it." Gun said, staring straight at the table.

...

So-Young and I planned to meet outside of the Soup Bean at 11, luckily there's plenty of bighit company cars just waiting to be 'borrowed' in the parking garage. We drew the short end of the stick and of course ended up with the Gimpo drop off. I was drowning in nerves the entirety of dinner with the boys, of course they'd never know- I'm pretty good at hiding emotions.

After dinner my brother along with 2 other of his friends left to go get a drink at a bar, which gave me the perfect opportunity to get ready to leave, I was packing everything I could think of to keep my nerves calm on the short drive there; sketch books, a small plushie, snacks, anything that would allow me to escape the reality of what we were doing.