Prologue

A brown tom opened his eyes to realize he was dreaming. He still felt his fresh moss on his back, some must've came to the dream with him. But how?

     "Hello? Is anyone there?" The tom called. He heard something call to him. "Vinegar." Vineflights had almost forgotten his suffix was 'gar' at one point. "Who said that? Who's there?" The leader's fur bristled. A large shadow loomed over him. It was a cat? Vineflights cowered back until the darkness around him forced him to stop.
     "Miss me?" The large brown tabby tom grinned. "Weaselflights?" Vineflights yelped. "The one and only, so far." The former leader winked.
    Vineflights sat in silence, bristling and glaring at the tom. "No? Don't like the huge cat look?" Weaselflights frowned and batted his eyes with mocking innocence. "Fine." Then with a blink of an eye, he was back to the same size as Vineflights, as they were the same size when Weaselflights was still alive and still leader of GorgeClan. "I have a prophecy for you I guess." The tabby flexed his claws and watched them retract and unsheathe, with a bored look on his striped face, even his yellow eyes were dull with boredom. "Kin or Clan." He recites. Before Vineflights could even process what was happening. Weaselflights grinned "that's all bye!" And Vineflights was awake.

     "Vineflights!" Vineflights' deputy, Hauntingripple stood over the leader with worry. It was still dark outside so her amber eyes were glowing in the dark, as though that was the only part of her that still remained. "Are you okay? You were mewing and churning in your sleep!" She fretted. Though the she-cat looks frightening and intimidating, she was a sweetheart to Vineflights as they have been best friends since kithood.

Vineflights rose to his paws. "FlyClan has sent me a message."