Chapter Sixteen

(Warning, this chapter will include blood)
Everything was dark. The young red ninja glanced around, puzzled and confused. Why was it so dark? His attention shifted when he saw two familiar figures. Both adults, one was a woman and the other... a male. Kai stared quietly before watching them walk away... He didn't even realize it before his voice was crying out for them. He got up from his knees and scrambled after them. His arms out reached. "Mom! Dad! Please! Stop!" Why was he chasing them? Then it hit him.. where was Nya? His body was acting on its own until he fell. His arms reached out and he screamed once more, arms out stretched for the remaining small light above, for anyone, or maybe... for them? Then... the ground came. Fallen down, hard against the ground. He groaned and coughed. His eyes looking back up, weakly to the remaining light above and watched as it fade. He closed his eyes once more and remained laying down. He huffed, taking a few seconds to catchhis breathing. Than a voice spoke.

"...Get up..."

It was his voice. But that couldn't be right...

"...Get up!" He spoke again, pulling himself up to his knees. He huffed as he looked down at the stone floor. Stone? He lifted up his hand as he observed the ground below him. It looked so familiar... He gazed around noticing the symbols and torches that lit the dark room. A stone floor where servants bowed and above, a giant stone serpent head. He looked across to see the very place where elemental masters would've had their powers taken, to be replaced with a throne. Large skeleton ribs and stone fangs lined at each side. But what had caught his attention most. Was the familiar... staff...

Kai's eyes shot open. He looked at the staff, hoping it wasn't true. That it really wasn't there. But there it was. Resting against the throne. Almost calling to him. Whispering to him. It took him a second before he noticed his body moving, moving... towards it and- No! Kai quickly came back into reality and taking his reaching hand, forcing it down as he stood in place. He jolted his head away and shook. "No! T-This isn't real, I don't need it! I don't need it. I don't-" He was cut off when a sudden heavy presence cane over him. Something that was standing behind him...

He slowly turned around and stared at the familiar presence. His eyes widened because standing a couple feet away was a cloaked green warrior.

"Go on... take the staff... it won't stop who you are..." They spoke. Their voice was low, deep, and cold...

Kai shifted as he felt a cold shiver run up his spine. This wasn't Lloyd. Their voice..., it was no ones he's ever heard of. But something about them scared him. He shifted back when they began walking, walking towards him!

They walked closer and drew out two golden katanas. "You call yourself the master of fire? What a disgrace... What a disappointment... That you could be no better then that boy!" They yelled out as they leaped forward, holding up their two swords and swung them down.

Kai's eyes widened and he quickly moved out of the way. Just in time for the two blades to come down, creating two large broken cracks below. He felt his heart heart began to race as he he didn't know what was happening nor could he believe what was happening.
'What does I do. What does I do-' He stopped. 'You-... I need power... power... ,need..., take it!' His gaze quickly shifted as he looked back to the staff. He jumped back to his feet and ran towards the still staff. He could hear the green warrior's footsteps as they were coming closer. 'Grab the staff... you need it... take it... take it!' His fingers quickly wrapped around the staff and he spun back around. "Metal!" He yelled.
Hard armor began to cover the staff and himself as he called out for the summoned element. He swung it up right as two golden blades clashed down. Kai grunted as he pushed back against the green warrior's blades until they pushed each other away. Kai huffed as he looked at the green warrior. "You know nothing about me..." He said. Holding the cursed staff. He swung it forward, summing a blast of lighting.