Chapter Fifteen

While the ninja had been down below. The others on the bounty had been waiting, hoping for the best as there was no way for them to see what was going on from the amount of fog that covered the place. But when they saw them coming back. They didn't expect the quiet and gloomy return.

Wu stepped in and looked at them before noticing the book. "You recovered the book." He said before looking up among them to see what was wrong. There was no severe injuries or anyone missing.

Nya, Cole, and Zane looked at each other. They weren't there to know what had happened. The only people that were was Ronin and Lloyd.

"Lloyd?" Skylor asked as she noticed his silence.

Lloyd was lost in thought. That scream... what did Kai or Morro see? What was Kai seeing? He clutched his fist as he glanced down and closed his eyes.

Skylor looked at him before back at Ronin and spoke. "What. Did. You do..." Her tone was low and angry. None of them were harmed. So she suspected something had happened. Something that involved Kai. "What did you do to Kai..."

Ronin looked at her. "Oh not you too..." He said before realizating. 'Oh..., right... love.' He would've spoke back at her. But he remembered who he was fully speaking to. So he just sighed. "Lloyd would've breathed in the fog if I hadn't had shown up." He said as he defended himself. "You think your little lover boy would've chose himself over the kid he promised to protect? He would've done it if he could. I simply helped him."

Skylor just stared at him. She turned her head away as she went silent. She didn't know how to respond. She was mad at Ronin but there was really nothing for her to say. So she walked over to Lloyd to comfort him.

Ronin watched her as she left to the green ninja's side and huffed. "He'll be fine. Not like it's permanent." He said before deciding to head off. But a particular old man had stopped his path. He looked at Wu as he just silently stared at him. "Uh... what?" He asked. 'Elders... always-' "OW!" Ronin hissed out as the sensei's staff had harshly crushed down at his foot. Ronin grabbed onto his foot as he tried to regain his balance. "You little-"

WHACK!

And Ronin falls to the ground. He groaned, rubbing his head before weakly looking back up at Wu.

Wu held his staff before setting it back in its position after swinging his staff at the theif's head. "Has no one told you to show your manners?" He asked.

Ronin looked at him and huffed before getting back to his feet and lightly stumbled out of the room. He decided to not say anything. Who knows what the old man would do next. Probrably am for his throat. But He decided not to test the theory as he didn't feel like gaining anymore harm or losing his voice box.

Wu watched as the man left before looking back at the two. He sighed and glanced down. "I see that something bad has happened. But remember, we can't sorrow now..." He told them. "Remember, you have a brother to rescue." He spoke. "Now... do you have the book?" He asked them.

Cole nodded as he walked up to Wu, holding the book out. "Yes sensei." He said as Misako came over and took the book from him. She stood along Wu and looked over at the anceint book.

Wu looked at him and nodded. "Good, now we can see what Morro's next moves could be and which weapon he will aim to search next..."

Misako looked at the book as she flipped through the pages. They were written in ancient serpentine tounge as well as another? "Huh... this book is written in two tongues. Zane, could you stay with me?" She asked. She knew well that Zane was good with languages. It was part of his progaming, making it very useful asset.

Zane looked at her and nodded. "Sure thing." He said as walked over and began looking over the book with her. They placed the book down on the table and began their research.

Wu looked at the two before looking back to the others. "Alright, now... as for you five. Get some rest. You've all have worked hard. It is time your hard work is put to rest..." He said and watched as they left the room.

Cole and Jay left with Lloyd to his room, staying with the other. They needed each other anyways. What's a brother without being their for another anyways.

Skylor followed Nya to her room and watched her sit down on her bed, looking down to the ground with her arms folded. "Are you alright?" She asked.

Nya shook her head. "I...- no... I'm not... there's just still so much going on and I-"

"Hey... its alright, I know how this is for you. The stress... The pressure. Feeling like you're agaisnt the world." She said as she walked over and sat down by her.

Nys looked at her and sighed. "How do you know. You aren't in my situation. You don't know whats been going on from the start. You have all the elements and you make it look so easy. And I can't help but think that there is something that I am missing."

Skylor looked at her and shook her head. "I know how this is because I've been through it as well. Maybe not by how you're going through things but... you never had it when you were little."

Nya looked at her and thought. "That's right... your..."

"Mom? Yeah...,  had to learn how to control my power all on my own. Even when I got close, it scared me. Why? Because using it still reminded me of her, my mother. It was one of the reasons why I didn't want to use it. It was only my father that helped me." She spoke. She still remembered her father's words. How she didn't need to be scared. That he would be sure that they looked after each other and how they would find the power that would keep them happy and safe. Forever. But she saw how her father had really been nothing but prideful and just wanted to be unstoppable.
She looked back at Nya and rubbed her shoulder. "Hey... maybe I can help you lear a thing or two. That way, next time we face Morro, let's show him what it means when you mess with Family." She said with a promising smile.

Nya looked at her hand before back up at her. A small smile formed on her face and she spoke."Thank you..."

Skylor smiled and nodded. "Hey, it's not legal yet but that's what sisters are for." She said.

Nya looked at her and giggled. "I should get some rest. My brother is really lucky to have you."

Skylor looked at her and gave her a greatful smile before looking back forward. "I don't know where I'd be if he didn't take my hand." She said before getting up to leave and turn off the lights. "See you in the morning." She said, giving her one last glance before walking away. She walked down the halls and made her way out to the upper deck. As she walked out, she felt the nice cold air, blow against her red hair. She walked across the deck and stopped when she reached the end. The thought of Kai running through her head. She looked out and took a deep breathe and sighed. "We're coming. Just Hold on a little longer for us..."