Hayami: The Rare Beauty 12

Start from the beginning

"Did you go somewhere kaa chan? Tou chan?" Hayami asks. "We do need to go somewhere but we couldn't go until we got to see and wish our princess on her special day could we?" Kizashi says. "Sakura caught a cold and fever last night. So we were going to the doctor for a check up." Mebuki says. "If so then you should have gone! Why did you wait for me? Ane's health is more important." Hayami says. "Our hayami chan has grown up soo fast!! She has matured too early, in just a blink of an eye she is already 4, and in another blink she might get married." Kizashi anime cries. "Okay now you are going a bit overboard. Hayami, do you mind playing with the rest of your friends until we come back? We don't want you to stand in the hospital line and by chance catch Sakura's cold." Mebuki says and Hayami nods her head. "Thank you. Kizashi, Sakura let's go! The faster we set out, the faster we return." Mebuki says and the three head for the hospital.

Hayami turns around to go to the playground when. "BOO!" Shisui pops out of nowhere, scaring the life out of Hayami. "Happy Birthday Hayami chan!" Shisui wishes. "How did you know?" Hayami asks. "We were just passing by when we heard your conversation with Haruno san." Shisui says. "We?" Hayami looks back to see Mikoto, Itachi and Sasuke standing behind.

"Happy birthday Hayami chan." Shisui wishes. "Hn. Happy birthday." Sasuke says. "Hayami chan!!! It's your birthday today!!! Happy birthday!!!!!!" Mikoto squeezes Hayami in a life threatening hug.

"A-Arigatou." Hayami says as she is finally released from the death grip. "So how old is Hayami chan?" Shisui asks. "4!" Hayami replies. Listening to her reply Sasuke frowns as he is younger than her. "Today is Hayami chan's birthday, we should celebrate it shouldn't we? How about you come to our house for dinner?" Mikoto says, clasping her hand together.

"I can't! I-I can't... hahaoya and chichioya wants me to be home and have dinner with them. Thank you for your kind offer, Mikoto sama." Hayami bows down. Just the thought of having dinner with the Uchiha gives her nightmares, she still hasn't gotten over her fright from the first and last time she ever had dinner with the Uchiha family. "Such a polite child with fine manners. It's okay Hayami chan!! And how many times do I have to tell you not to call me 'Mikoto sama'? Auntie is just fine." Mikoto says.

"What are you all doing here outside the Uchiha district? This is the civilian side of the village." Hayami asks. "You see, every Sunday we come out to roam and shop in the civilian side of the village. As we were heading to a dango shop we heard your conversation with Haruno san and decided to surprise you!" Shisui says. "We are heading to the dango shop and it's Hayami chan's birthday. Her parents and sister have gone to the hospital and it will take quite a time. So why don't we take Hayami chan with us and celebrate her birthday there?" Itachi suggested. "You are absolutely correct Itachi! Let's go hayami chan!!" Mikoto quickly dragged the three children towards the dango shop.

"Next year Sasuke is going to enter the ninja academy. Is Hayami chan too going to join the ninja academy?" Mikoto asks. "I think so. Uncle Hizashi did suggest to Chichioya to send me and Hinata to the academy next year. Chichioya was talking about requesting the headmaster to keep me and Hinata in the same class." Hayami replies.

"Is that so? If so then we should keep Sasuke in the same class as you and Hinata. That way he won't be lonely and you too will have somebody to keep you company besides Hinata chan." Mikoto says. "What about Hayami chan's sister? Sakura was it?" Shisui asks. "I think she too is going to join. I haven't asked kaa chan and tou chan about it yet." Hayami answers. "Weren't you going to the playground Hayami chan? How about you take Sasuke as well? We have a little more shopping to do, Sasuke will get bored if he accompanies us in the store in this way he can make more friends of his age. Introduce him to your friends, will you, Hayami chan?" Mikoto says, making Hayami nod.

"We shall get going then. Be good to Hayami chan and her friends Sasuke." Itachi pats Sasuke's head and heads off towards the market with Shisui and Mikoto. Hayami and Sasuke stand there awkwardly watching the three Uchihas slowly disappear in the crowd. Hayami stood there awkwardly not knowing what to say as she and Sasuke never really interacted. Their interaction only consisted of looking at each other and sighing whenever Naruto answered nonsense when questioned by the teachers, correcting him and having a small writing, question answering competition.

"Are you just planning to stand? Take me to the playground." Sasuke says. "Yeah." Hayami answers and leads him towards the playground. "From your mom's talks it looks like you don't have any friends. Do you not want to make friends or do they not want to be friends with you?" Hayami asks out of the blue while on the way to the playground.

"I don't have time for friends or anything. I am a ninja and I have to train to become strong unlike you who spend their whole day making and playing with friends." Sasuke says. "Excuse me? What do you mean by that? I too train back home, that also more than you." Hayami says.

"If so then show me a ninjutsu." Sasuke says. "Ninjutsu?.... I don't know any..." Hayami answers, earning a snicker from Sasuke. "If so then what is the use of training? I have been learning how to do the fireball technique. This technique is passed down for generations in the Uchiha clan." Sasuke says. "Being a ninja doesn't only mean using ninjutsu. Taijutsu too applies, tell me what have you learned in taijutsu?" Hayami says. "Taijutsu?.... I don't know..." Sasuke says. "Taijutsu is one of the specialties of the Hyuga clan. There are many techniques that have been passed down from generations to generations of the Hyugas. I am currently training in taijutsu." Hayami says proudly.

"It's still a bit early to go to the playground.... Sasuke! Show me your new jutsu will you?" Hayami asks. "Why should I?" Sasuke asks. "Because I asked. Now come on, you were bragging about your ninjutsu just a few moments ago." Hayami says. "I don't want to." Sasuke says. "Why? Ohh!! Is it because you don't know?" Hayami teases as she remembers from one of the Naruto episodes where Sasuke struggled to perform the jutsu as a child. Before Hayami could open her mouth to say anything more she was already being dragged by Sasuke.

"Oi! Oi!! Where are you taking me? Are you kidnapping me? Oba chan!! Help!! This edge lord duckbutt is kidnapping a cinnamon roll like me!!!" Hayami dramatically calls an old lady who could barely hear or see.

"Didn't you want to see the jutsu?" Sasuke says while still dragging Hayami. "I am taking you to the Uchiha practice ground." Sasuke adds and in no time he was the one being dragged by Hayami. "Ohh Dummy~ You should have said it much earlier!!" Hayami drags Sasuke to the training grounds. "Wha-what is she exactly?" Sasuke sweat drops as he was literally flying like a paper as Hayami ran towards the Uchiha training ground while dragging him.

"We are here!!" Hayami says letting go of Sasuke. "Go ahead! Don't be shy! Show me your jutsu." Hayami says. "Not here, near the port." Sasuke leads Hayami to the port nearby. "What are you waiting for? Go ahead." Hayami says after a long silence.

Sasuke relaxes himself and performs a hand sign. He then takes a deep breath and "Katon: Gokakyu no jutsu '' Sasuke lets out a not so big yet not so small, medium sized fireball. Sasuke looked a bit embarrassed and disappointed as he still lacked a way behind Itachi. He looked at Hayami, whom he expected to be laughing like a maniac in a corner but he was surprised to see her eyes all starry and glittery.

"Woah~~ That was amazing!! How do you do that? How do you do that?" Hayami says, clearly fascinated as she had never witnessed any type of ninjutsu since her arrival in the Naruto verse. "It was?" Sasuke asks. "That was the coolest thing I have ever seen! This was my first time seeing a ninjutsu." Hayami says. "First time? You have never seen a jutsu before?" Sasuke asks surprised. "I lived in the civilian side of the village surrounded by normal civilian people until I moved to the Hyuga compound. Hyugas mostly focus on taijutsu, ever since I had set foot there I have only seen and practiced taijutsu." Hayami says. "Seeing you, I too want to learn ninjutsu now!!" Hayami says. Sasuke felt his whole face heat up after earning a bunch of compliments from Hayami, he liked that he was finally praised by somebody.